9162 aft balcony

Mitzi_Muffin

Hi I am taking my first celebrity cruise in March 2007 on the Constellation and I keep hearing conflicting reports about deck 9 aft cabins. I have manged to get 9162 after reading these boards, the aft cabins on all other decks had gone. Some people have stated with the overhang you get no sun at all, others have said 1/3 of the balcony is uncovered can anyone who has been in this cabin confirm this, I am not bothered about a bit of noise I would just like to sunbathe on my lounger for some of the time.

We were in 9162 on Millennium and loved it. The balcony is fantastic. A portion is covered as are the lower levels. Yes, the grill is directly above but the only time we found it a problem was in the early morning when the deck above was cleaned. Some water will fall on your balcony. We had 3 lounge chairs, a dining table and chairs and room to spare. Deck 9 is also convenient to the jogging area 2 decks above, the pool and the grill...where you will get the best waffles in the am! You will love this cabin. Have a great cruise!

I was in 9160 and you get sun on the outer 1/3 of the balcony at some times of day. There are some times of day when there is enough sun to stretch the entire lounger out crosswise or diagonally at the end of the balcony, however I think you might sacrifice some privacy to do that. I don't believe it's possible to sunbathe in complete privacy on one of those balconies but someone else may know for sure.

I know this isn't what you're asking, but for what it's worth, I found the Caribbean sun to be so strong that I was grateful for the overhang. Without it, I couldn't stand more than a few minutes on the balcony in daytime. I could only sunbathe on deck where I could take a dip in the pool or sit in the cool shade every now and then.

Mitzi, the sun is my priority also! You will get some but, it all depends on the direction the ship is headed. All of the aft cabins have a bit of overhang from the cabin above. There are so many places to sun on the M class ships you will head home with a tan. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!

We were in 9201 on the Millie - last year - a few doors down on the sister ship.

You do get good sun on the balcony.

The afternoon should be great when you make the homeward side of the trip.

My only recommend is to pull your lounge chair under the overhang as some water from the deck above splashes down in the early am when they clean above and may wet the chair on you.

Was in 9162 Aft on the Connie last July in the Baltics and in January in the Western Carribean. Would take the cabin in a heartbeat. The sun gets to about a third of the balcony. Some noise from moving chairs heard on the balcony, definitely NOT heard inside the cabin. Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

We had 9162 on Millie in the Med. last May - DH was hesitant when we booked (12 months in advance!) - but surely did change his tune when he saw the huge veranda.

Only problem as earlier poster mentioned: pull your padded lounge chairs back toward the cabin at night before retiring - as they do tend to get wet when they clean the upper deck early in the morning.

We've been spoiled: First it was "we must have a veranda"......now it's "we Must have an AFT cabin - don't care which deck" - though Deck 9 makes for easy access to the Windjammer and snacks!

I suspect the overhang you're hearing about doesn't apply to you cabin. The overhang applies to cabins on the side of the ship. You have an oversized balcony which will give you both sun and shade. You're in one of the most sought after cabins out there. Enjoy it.

We've been spoiled: First it was "we must have a veranda"......now it's "we Must have an AFT cabin - don't care which deck" - though Deck 9 makes for easy access to the Windjammer and snacks!

This was my thought as we had people in most every night and the sushi bar was just upstairs from us.

Archived