Anyone Grand Circle Provence April 17?

joek

Hi,

I am sure you are getting excited as its almost time to go! We are going on the same trip leaving May 15. Have you gotten your documents yet? If so, are the hotels in Paris and Nice the same as advertised? I am curious as we booked our own air, and need to arrange transportation to the hotel.

Have a wonderful time and please post a review I would love to hear about your trip.

Deena

Deena

Yes, hotels are the same as in the prelim docs. We got the final docs much earlier than they had said, about a month before departure. We took the GCT air, flying Air France non-stop from Miami to Paris, 5:40pm/8:15am, return Nice/Paris, 7:25am (ugh)/9:00am, Paris/Miami, 10:55am/2:20pm.

Tentative plans to take the on/off bus tour to Eiffel Tower and Champs Elysees on Day 2 (the day we arrive), Day 3, take the GCT bus tour in the morning and optional Versaille tour in the afternoon, Day 4 on/off bus to Louvre and Notre Dame. A lot depends on the student riots and hopefully they will quiet down after their spring break starts tomorrow. We might wind up taking taxis and rely on the drivers to avoid problems.

Yes, I hope the streets quiet down soon! From what I have been reading the metro looks like it is east to navigate and should get us around anywhere we want to go. Will be interested in hearing more about your trip. We have just over a month to go, and I am anxious to get our final documents.

We did our own air and had a flight out of Nice around noon through Frankfort on Luftansa. They contacted us with a change in schedule to 7:00am. I talked to them and they argeed to change our flight to the following day to give us more time in Nice. When I tried to book a hotel room for the extra night, I could not find anything. Turns out the Grand Prix is in Monaco that week-end and most everything was sold out or VERY expensive. I searched and searched on the web and found a French travel site that had a hotel by the port. Not sure what it is going to be but I grabbed it. I didn't want to sleep in the street! This should be very interesting, but I'm hoping for the best.

Deena

Archived