Leaving Saturday....What to pack in my carry on?

Hi All,

Leaving this Saturday for our first cruise on Voyager. Most of the packing is out of the way, but wanted to see what people recommend putting in a carry on versus our checked luggage.

Obviously any meds, and we know to put a change of clothes in there....but what are other items that you always put in your carry on in case you don't receive your bags until late.

Thanks!

We always carry-on one formal outfit each (plus all the stuff that goes with it), swimming suit and coverup, one of each type of clothes (shorts and capris), snorkels and masks, jewelry, and a book to read!

I always carry one change of clothes and night apparel in the event my luggage gets lost. It should show up the next day based on the airline's responsibility. I also take my makeup (my face) and any meds I need. And, finally, I take my cameras (camcorder & digital.)

but since I have been reading threads of missing luggage, I have decided to put more in my carry on then usual. Bathing suit, camera, makeup, change of clothes, clean undies.

Another good suggestion from the board said to cross pack between your luggage pieces so if 1 bag is missing you will still have some clothes for each traveler.

Have a great time.

I carry almost nothing in my carry-on bag. Maybe I'm too trusting, but since we drive and I can see my bag enter the terminal, I don't think too much can happen to it. I always use two luggage tags (well secured) and put my name/cabin number INSIDE the suitcases too. Since we tend to board early, I've always received my suitcase rather quickly, though I know this isn't guaranteed.

So what's in my bag? Just sunscreen and my valuables: Identification, tickets, money, and camera. We don't have any medications. I wouldn't sit down to read a book as soon as we board anyway. If we can't dress appropriately for dinner, we'll just go to the buffet.

We'd rather not "travel heavy" for embarkation.

I'm not generally one who worries about lost lugguges. What I would (and did) was pack swim suits, medications, toiletry bag, and other clothing items to let you relax until dinner. [You may not want to wear running shoes and jeans from your flight, and just want to flake by the pool in slippers and shorts/swimming attire before dinner.]

Don't forget sunglasses, suntan lotion and sunburn lotion!!!

We always carry-on one formal outfit each (plus all the stuff that goes with it), swimming suit and coverup, one of each type of clothes (shorts and capris), snorkels and masks, jewelry, and a book to read!

Sorry, I had to laugh a little at this one. What do you need your snorkel and mask for on embarkation day? Unless of course you are afraid someone will steal it? :) :) :)

Sorry, I had to laugh a little at this one. What do you need your snorkel and mask for on embarkation day? Unless of course you are afraid someone will steal it? :) :) :)

I won't need it on embarkation day, but if the rest of my luggage doesn't make the ship, I need to have a mask that fits!

I won't need it on embarkation day, but if the rest of my luggage doesn't make the ship, I need to have a mask that fits!

Gotcha! We carry ours to the ship, but I guess I don't think about things not making it from the pier to the ship... but it sure can happen!

Gotcha! We carry ours to the ship, but I guess I don't think about things not making it from the pier to the ship... but it sure can happen!

Okay, Murphy, I guess I need more specificity! If my bags that I put on the plane in Richmond don't make it to San Juan in time for ME to take them to the ship, I need to pack my snorkel gear! You must be someone's husband! You guys are soooooooo picky! :D ;)

Archived