Did the Arcadia Get Lost?

trubey

I saw a ship here, in Ponta Delgada, today. I couldn't read the name, but checked cruisecal.com when I got home. It said the Arcadia was supposed to have been here yesterday and nothing today. So what did I see? Did the Arcadia get lost for a day or was it actually another ship? susana.

I thought it might have been the Arcadia as she was scheduled to have been here yesterday—and nobody was supposed to be here today. But I just checked the P & O site to see views of the ship and I guess it wasn't her.

I wonder who it was. Does anyone know of a website that will show the various logos for the different cruise lines? I could see the logo, but not the name. susana.

I thought it might have been the Arcadia as she was scheduled to have been here yesterday—and nobody was supposed to be here today. But I just checked the P & O site to see views of the ship and I guess it wasn't her.

I wonder who it was. Does anyone know of a website that will show the various logos for the different cruise lines? I could see the logo, but not the name. susana.

Hi Susana !

I think it was Boudicca from Fred Olsen:

http://www.fredolsencruises.com/fredolsen/process/fleet/fleet_index/ship=boudicca.html

Fred Olsen makes every year a Caribbean-UK cruise that stops in Horta.

I think it was diverted to Ponta Delgada because of rough seas.

Yes, Yes. That's the logo I was talking about and couldn't describe. Thanks for letting me know. We always try to take a look at all the ships when they come in and ask the passengers about them.

Actually, I'm glad you sent me to the Olsen website, there are some good ships to look at there. And the seas had been really horrific the night before. susana.

http://www.fredolsencruises.com/fredolsen/fleet/index.jsp

p.s. Are you in the Azores? Or does "W" mean "West" as in Massachusetts or Canada?

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, Yes. That's the logo I was talking about and couldn't describe. Thanks for letting me know. We always try to take a look at all the ships when they come in and ask the passengers about them.

Actually, I'm glad you sent me to the Olsen website, there are some good ships to look at there. And the seas had been really horrific the night before. susana.

http://www.fredolsencruises.com/fredolsen/fleet/index.jsp

p.s. Are you in the Azores? Or does "W" mean "West" as in Massachusetts or Canada?

Hi Susan !

Sorry for the late answer :o

Yes, i am in the Azores.

Boudicca will call again in PDL, next Thursday, April 27.

In the same day Royal Clipper will also dock in PDL.

Archived