Formal Nights on the Jewel

cruzinwieds

I will be doing a 7 night eastern Caribbean itinerary on the Jewel and was wondering how many formal nights there are and which nights.

Hi.. we just returned from the eastern itinerary this past Sunday. There was 1 OPTIONAL formal night. You do not have to dress formal if you don't want to. It was on Monday which was also our first day at sea.

Most 7 day cruises on NCL ships have one OPTIONAL formal night. About 40% of the people will dress up and that will range from tuxes to shirt and tie. The rest will be in resort casual (polo shirt, kahkis). That is the great thing about Freestyle, the ability to dress or not dress based on your own personal style and desires!

I am curious about this. When you say the first night at sea... Does that mean the formal night is the first night on board. For thoes wanting to dress up that could be tough with maybe delayed luggage delivery. I am considering doing the formal night dress as it is fun for me, but not on the first night!

I have heard that Monday night on the Jewel (Eastern Caribbean) is the formal night.

However, I have a quick question - is the "formal night" otherwise known as the "Captain's night?" Or do you have a separate "Captain's Table" where you actually eat with the Captain?

I've heard others speak of eating with the Captain. If so, how do you make those arrangements or are they reserved for the people in the suite/penthouse/villas only?

I am curious about this. When you say the first night at sea... Does that mean the formal night is the first night on board. For thoes wanting to dress up that could be tough with maybe delayed luggage delivery. I am considering doing the formal night dress as it is fun for me, but not on the first night!

The first FULL day at sea.....Monday.

Archived