Breakfast in Princess Grill

castlewood

My wife and I will be taking the QM2 on its transatlantic westbound crossing beginning May 29. Could anyone give me an idea of how people dress for breakfast in the Princess Grill? My idea is to have breakfast rather casually dressed (hopefully after working out) and then, afterwards, go back to my cabin and shower, etc., as is my custom on weekends at home. (I booked Princess Grill once before, on a Caribbean cruise, and--amazingly--had room service every day.)

Also, two more questions/requests for advise:

My wife read somewhere that broth is served on QM2's T/A crossings at 11 am to people lounging on the deck. Does anyone know if this is true?

Also, can anyone recommend a private car or limousine service to take me, my wife, my sister-in-law, and my mother-in-law from Heathrow to our hotel in Southampton? Considering my travel companions, I expect that we will be quite laden with luggage.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much. We're counting the days until our trip!

I am not sure about the QM2 but on the QE2 everybody was properly dressed for breakfast in the Grills, certainly for example no sweatsuits or sportswear there.

Well, actually I would say this is generally true in the non-Grill restaurants as well. In Britannia I didn't see anybody coming directly from work-out without taking a shower to a place where people eat.

Enjoy your crossing!

I did two crossings in PG and only had breakfast once in the restaurant but would say it's casual but not sweats.

As for a car service try Central Chauffeur in London. I use them two or three times a year and they are terrific. Go to Centralchauffeur.com and there is an 800 number you can use in the states. Ask for Steve and tell him Henry in California recommended him.

Smart casual is the norm for the QM2 grills at breakfast - slacks, dockers etc are fine. Some gents prefer to don a jacket for lunch, but it's up to you. I find trans-Atlantics are a little dressier during the day then most cruises. Of course at night it's a dressy affair.

Yes, they still have broth at 11a.m, weather permitting - they will wheel the cart over to you, but on t/a's it's often hard to find a spot outside that's not too blustery.

enjoy!

My wife and I will be taking the QM2 on its transatlantic westbound crossing beginning May 29. Could anyone give me an idea of how people dress for breakfast in the Princess Grill? My idea is to have breakfast rather casually dressed (hopefully after working out) and then, afterwards, go back to my cabin and shower, etc., as is my custom on weekends at home. (I booked Princess Grill once before, on a Caribbean cruise, and--amazingly--had room service every day.)

Also, two more questions/requests for advise:

My wife read somewhere that broth is served on QM2's T/A crossings at 11 am to people lounging on the deck. Does anyone know if this is true?

Also, can anyone recommend a private car or limousine service to take me, my wife, my sister-in-law, and my mother-in-law from Heathrow to our hotel in Southampton? Considering my travel companions, I expect that we will be quite laden with luggage.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much. We're counting the days until our trip!

shower and change first i think you will feel better about breakfast!!!!enjoy!

Thanks for all this excellent input. We made the reservations last July, and have greatly enjoyed these many months of anticipation. I'm so glad I found this site. These boards have been immensely helpful in guiding us as to what to pack, etc., and what to expect on a transatlantic (versus a Caribbean cruise).

Archived