limo service

JJSMOM

Has anyone used the limo service listed on the NCL website (Commonwealth Limo)? If so, how was the service/cost? We (2 adults and 2 kids - ages 4 and 9) will need transportation from central NJ to NYC for 7/15 cruise on the Dawn.

I work for a car service in NY and when I saw them after booking my cruise I called them for a price and they seemed very pricey. If you are in central Jersey it would be cheaper to take NJ Transit to Penn Station and then take a cab to pier.

I asked for a price from the Bronx to the pier and they said it is $90 per hour and a minimum of 2 hours. And that was just a sedan. I can't imagine how much it will be from NJ.

Hi,

I actually called them for a price and I think it was $175, each way! I would have considered it for $175 RT cause that is about the same price I would pay to park at the pier. We will either suck it up and drive, or else take NJ Transit as the PP mentioned, and then it is only a short cab ride (~$7 I was told) from NY Penn Station to the pier.

HTH

Has anyone used the limo service listed on the NCL website (Commonwealth Limo)? If so, how was the service/cost? We (2 adults and 2 kids - ages 4 and 9) will need transportation from central NJ to NYC for 7/15 cruise on the Dawn.

Shop around you can do much better on price with a limo/car service company in your area.

As pointed out it might be cheaper and even easier to drive and park on the pier. Certainly easier when you return rather then trying to hook up with your driver in the combined inbound outbound passenger curbside crush.

Pick up you bags- jump on the elevator - load the car - in the tunnel in 20 minutes.

I called and got a great guy - and the price was ok ... I called back to set it up and a different guy on the phone .... When I said I was going to the pier for NCL - the guy said..."oh well then I have to charge you an additional 1.5 hrs ...." huh?!?! What?!?! - why is that you ask ... well it seems that because NCL advertises that limo service - NCL gets a kickback for the service ... I told the guy that was crazy - he knows and agrees - but he was not the boss - he said that many people do not book becasue of that additional charge

DO a google search for cheap limos - got a great guy out of NJ

I work for a car service in NY. If you were in say Edison NJ it would cost about $92 one way.

I just checked with NJ Transit and they are $9.00 one way from Edison for an adult.

I would go with NJ Transit. :D

I work for a car service in NY. If you were in say Edison NJ it would cost about $92 one way.

I just checked with NJ Transit and they are $9.00 one way from Edison for an adult.

I would go with NJ Transit. :D

That would be my last choice - Bags from the house to the cab (how you getting to the station?), drag bags from cab to the train, bags from the train in the bottom of Penn Station to the cab line, cab to the pier ... not a relaxing way to start a vacation I spent 1000s on.

Spend the $180 either in parking or car service - touch the bags once - be ready to board the ship in just over an hour relaxed and ready to be on vacation.

If you are packing light like I have seen everyone on the boards suggest. There won't be too many bags do drag. We are taking the subway downtown and then taking a cab to the pier. I plan on only bring 2 bags and a stroller. I had more going to my parents for the weekend and that was on the subway and then NJ transit. I guess I am just used to it and it doesn't seem that big of a deal to drag bags on a train.

That would be my last choice - Bags from the house to the cab (how you getting to the station?), drag bags from cab to the train, bags from the train in the bottom of Penn Station to the cab line, cab to the pier ... not a relaxing way to start a vacation I spent 1000s on.

Spend the $180 either in parking or car service - touch the bags once - be ready to board the ship in just over an hour relaxed and ready to be on vacation.

I agree.

Limo picks you up at your door, loads luggage.

Drops you off at the pier directly in front of the porter.

Porter takes your luggage.

Limo picks you up at the pier on your return home

You have his cell number and he has yours.

Our driver walks directly into the terminal and takes our luggage as soon as we pass through Customs.

Never a problem....except when we had the N'easter:(

If that didn't work...I would certainly drive to the pier.

Archived