Nearest Airport to Booklyn Pier

jonmar

Hi there, not from New York so I need to know the nearest of the three NYC airports to the new pier and the approx drive time and cab fare to it. Thanks very much. Also, anyone know the bus line in London that goes from Gatwick to Southampton?

Hi there, I would say that JFK is the one nearest to Red Hook, A cab would get right onto the Belt Parkway and it would take you straight to Red Hook, No more then maybe 25 min ride, More if Traffic, and let me just tell, The Belt Parkway is a 3 lane parkway in which is a NIGHTMARE every freaking rush hour that NYC comes upon. LGA is a bit farther, Its on the Northmost part of Queens while JFK is on the Southern most part of Queens. Some people would say EWR is close too, but it would be more expensive as you would have to pay tolls for the crossings, Verrezano Bridge is like $6 or 7 for a crossing. Dont know prices, but JFK i would say is close and cheaper.

National Express runs buses from both the North and South terminals at Gatwick to Southampton. Drive time from 3 hrs 5 mins to 3 hrs 40 minutes.

Now, theoretically, LaGuardia is closer to Red Hook, but traffic can be dreadful depending upon the time of day.

I have been searching to see if the NYC Taxi commission will institute flat fares from the airports to Red Hook, but I haven't come up with anything yet.

Hi there, not from New York so I need to know the nearest of the three NYC airports to the new pier and the approx drive time and cab fare to it. Thanks very much. Also, anyone know the bus line in London that goes from Gatwick to Southampton?
The closest is LGA(no international flights except Canada). But if you are coming overseas, JFK is the closest with Newark not that far away but it may in fact be closer because of the way you drive. There is no fare from Staten Island to Brooklyn on the V-N Bridge only the other way from Brooklyn to SI(federal law- thank you Senator Demato) Its 8.00 one way but you really shouldn't go that way from Newark Airport(the shortest fastest way is 1-9 Skyway to the Holland Tunnel(toll). First exit to the west side h'way south to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel(toll) and then follow the signs. No traffic 40 minutes. From Kennedy take the Van wick exit to N Conduit Ave(towards the V-N Bridge but stay off the highway to Atlantic Avenue(yes the streets not the Highway). Atlantic Avenue to its end make a left follow the signs to the Cruise terminal- again 40 minutes no traffic... the Belt is the long way and a lot of traffic but on a Sunday morning it may be a couple of minutes faster. I don't expect a flat fare from Kennedy to Brooklyn....

approximate fares Kennedy $45.00 LGA $30.00 Newark $70.00

I think a bigger question is where you are flying in from. Some cities do not have flights to JFK. Other have much better deals to the other airports.

Based on your question, are you flying in the SAME DAY as your cruise?

Hmmmm....

You will find LOTS of questions and feedback on England transport over on the BRITAIN boards.

Hi there, I would say that JFK is the one nearest to Red Hook, A cab would get right onto the Belt Parkway and it would take you straight to Red Hook, No more then maybe 25 min ride, More if Traffic, and let me just tell, The Belt Parkway is a 3 lane parkway in which is a NIGHTMARE every freaking rush hour that NYC comes upon. LGA is a bit farther, Its on the Northmost part of Queens while JFK is on the Southern most part of Queens. Some people would say EWR is close too, but it would be more expensive as you would have to pay tolls for the crossings, Verrezano Bridge is like $6 or 7 for a crossing. Dont know prices, but JFK i would say is close and cheaper.

Would lilke to add: Just say a prayer the Drawbridge on the Belt PW does not go up and/or there is no construction in progress on the Belt or Gowanus Expy.

There is actually no toll for the Verrazano Narrows Bridge coming going to Brooklyn. The toll is for the Goethals or Bayonne Bridge (used if there are big tie ups on the Goethals) and it is $6.

There is no fare from Staten Island to Brooklyn on the V-N Bridge only the other way from Brooklyn to SI(federal law- thank you Senator Demato) Its 8.00 one way ....

Yes this is the one nice thing our own Sultan of Sleeze (I did not coin this) - Al D'Amato did for us.

The fare has actually been $9.00 for some time now! And they can't wait to make it an even $10.

Archived