Got Doubletree cocoa beach on priceline

we3k9

I bid $85 for a three star and this is what I got. Doubletree Cocoa Beach. I guess thats a good rate for June. I was finding prices for Days Inn and Best Western which are 2 stars for one night it was $94.50 to $105. Has anyone stayed at the Doubletree Cocoa Beach? we are staying pre cruise and post cruise one night. :)

I too am looking for a recent review. I did stay here a few years ago pre-cruise and it was nice. Recent renovations have taken place since then. Our bellhop even got us up-graded to a better room when he found out we were from the same area "up north".

The location is great! A walkway connects the pool area right

onto the beach. They even had beach toys and boogie boards to use in the surf. The pool isn't huge but it was adequate.

I should have used priceline my rate for June is $108. Could have saved $$ for Ron Jons up the street.

We got married there last year.

The hotel was totally renovated after the 2004 hurricane season and is lovely.

At least 5 of our guests have returned to stay there since the wedding.

The hotel staff are great, the rooms and beds very nice. Food great but the restaraunts a bit pricey.

Its pretty centrally located so lots of good food and things to do close by.

Trish

Yes the bedding is very important. I love the Sheraton sweet sleeper beds. I hope the doubletrees beds are just as comfy. I called the hotel and supposedly we got a king size bed with a balcony/partial view. sounds good to me. cant beat the price for a 3 star in June.

we3k9,

I also just booked the Doubletree for June 17th, I got it for $80.00, curious now just how low it could have been. When are you cruising, which ship? We're taking the Sensation on June 18th for our first cruise.

steve.

through priceline, name your own price, maybe less would have gotten it. But you take you chances on which hotel you get. I put in for a 3 star in the cocoa beach area. The only 2 that showed up on the regular search as 3 stars was the Radison at the Port, and the Doubletree.

I use them alot and I always try to bid a fair price right off the bat. I found that if you low ball them, you have to change at least two things to up your bid. say you bid a 3 star and cocoa beach area, and your bid is not accepted. they make you modify your request as well , so that would mean accepting a 2 star and also another area as well as increasing your offer price. I knew the hotels online sites like travelocity and orbitz and expedia the going rate for a 3 star oceanfront hotel was over $100 per night. so i feel getting the double at $80 or $85 is a bargain. You can also try hotwire.com they let you see the hotels ameneties and a price and then you can accept or decline. after you accept they show you the hotel. I have never been dissapointed with a hotel I received on priceline or hotwire. I actually got a very nice boutique hotel in San Francisco called Harbor Court for a steal. We loved that place. :) Smitty273 we are cruising RCL Sovereign on June 2nd.

Actually, you only have to make one change to rebid. Like you can change the star level OR the zone. There's an art to Priceline. LOL.

For a very simple example: If you want a 4* in zone X, you bid, get rejected, you can then add zone Z that doesn't have any 4*'s, then rebid with a higher amout. It's called a rebid. It can get extremely complicated. The site www.biddingfortravel.com is all about how to work Priceline.

We got the Miami DT Radisson for $60 with regular rates of $160 for the same night using that site.

On the other hand, bidding around 50%-70% of the listed rates will probably get you a hit and will take far less effort and brainpower. Which is certainly an advantage in itself.

Archived