Suites and balconies

bearette1017

My husband and I are thinking about a cruise on the Caribbean Princess in 2007 and we had some questions. What is the difference in size for the Premium Suites versus the Penthouse Suites? The Premium Suites on decks Aloha and Caribe, are they covered? We've been on the Mariner of the Seas last, will we like Princess?

Thanks for your help, Sherry

I shouldn't be replying to this since I have no experience with suites (I am a man with limited means). But, if you haven't already looked, the Princess website has deck plans where you can see how big a room is. Just go to:

http://www.princess.com/ships/cb/deck/cb_caribe_index.html

If you want a first hand account perhaps someone else will reply now that I have bumped up your thread.

By the way, I think you will be happy with Princess. RCI and Princess are pretty close in most areas. The major difference is that RCI has the cliff climbing wall and some other things that makes it more appealing to the young and fit. But from the long list of cruises I see on your signature, I suspect that you are not that young. But you could still be fit. I am neither young or fit, and my idea of a cruise is for a place to relax and literally watch the world go by. Princess works great for me.

The PH suites are on the Riviera deck mid-ship, right BELOW the Lido deck and pool area...where noise from above can be an issue.

The PS suites are on various decks (I was in one that was aft on Aloha deck in December 2003) and noise was not an issue at all. A horrible stateroom host WAS an issue, but that's another story, hopefully not relevant to anyone sailing in a suite on the CP now. The room itself was AWESOME, with a huge balcony. Plus the PS suites are a bit larger overall.

Hope that helps a little. :)

EDITED TO ADD: Our aft PS balcony was completely covered. I've also sailed Mariner and will sail her again in June...both CP and Mariner are great ships; very different feels (Mariner is very OPEN, CP is more convoluted to get around), and I honestly had a much better experience on Mariner overall. I don't say that to dissuade any from sailing CP, I know that some of what was wrong when I went was circumstantial, and I will sail Princess again someday. You really should try it to see for yourself, I am a big believer in giving every cruise line you're interested in a chance. :)

Archived