New to NCL-Crown

megnshane

Hi,:)

I am new to these boards and new to cruising on Norwegian... I am going on my honeymoon to Bermuda on the Crown and I was wondering what I can expect. I have previously cruised on Carnival. Any thoughts would be greatly apreciated!!

Thanks!!! ;)

We sailed on the Crown last May out of NYC to Bermuda. I've sailed Holland America, Celebrity, Carnival, and Cunard. I thought I might not like NCL and it's Freestyle, but it was fine! I like to dress up more than they do on NCL, but we still dressed for dinner every evening and ate at the same time every evening to give us a sense of order (and so we didn't stand in line for dinner at peak hours).

The Crown is a delightful ship -- small, only 1200 passengers. There are fewer bars and entertainment venues than on the larger ships, but we loved it and look forward to being on her again some day. We thought the staff were very very attentive and they always went the extra mile whenever we had any request.

Bermuda is a wonderful destination -- very upscale, very British, much "cleaner" than many islands. There are great beaches, great shopping, and many other attractions once you are there.

The benefit of going to Bermuda on the Crown is that she docks in three ports and you can enjoy each port (St,George's, Hamilton, King's Wharf) without the hassle of getting land transportation across the island to enjoy them.

The ONLY downside about the Crown as far as I was concerned was the lack of deck chairs. Get out there early to get your spot if you are a sun worshipper. But the Crown is an ocean going ship, very sturdy and delightful.

You'll have a great time!!!

Thanks for responding... I was a little leary about the crown just because it was a smaller ship... but it sounds like you had a good experience!!

After reading your post I am even more excited about going!!

4 more mths!!!

Thanks again,

Meghan

We were on the Crown last may- Philly to Bermuda and just loved it. We took 2 of our teenagers with us and it was a great experience. I totally enjoyed the freestyle experience especially with the food.

We are going again on Jun 4, 2006 from Philly to Bermuda but just my DH and I this time. We need a break from the kids and we totally loved our trip last year. Yes the Crown is smaller than say the Dawn but it made getting around easier and gave off a nice "cozy" sense of atmosphere. The staff is fabulous and extremely helpful. I suggest asking for extra pillows and hangars.

Give me a shout if you are going on the 4th too. Enjoy and happy honeymooning...

Linda

Archived