Will be Star ready??

ISABELLA

I think it all depends on if they have the cabin modules ready in time. It's truly amazing how much the cruise lines can accomplish in a short period of time. They are probably working to gut the damage while on their way across the Atlantic so some of the work will have been done. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.

We WILL be on the June 14th Star cruise in the Baltic. I too have been wondering why the cam still shows the Star still out in the Atlantic. I thought it would have been there by now. I search a lot of sites and have not read anything yet that convinces me the ship will not be ready as Princess announced. Yes, there are some post(s) on all of the many sites from professed experts that say it can't be done but they never say from wence they gain their knowledge.

We WILL be on the June 14th Star cruise in the Baltic. I too have been wondering why the cam still shows the Star still out in the Atlantic. I thought it would have been there by now. I search a lot of sites and have not read anything yet that convinces me the ship will not be ready as Princess announced. Yes, there are some post(s) on all of the many sites from professed experts that say it can't be done but they never say from wence they gain their knowledge.

I'll be right there with you on June 14th Wil! Couldn't have said it better myself...the wild speculation with no basis in fact is getting a bit tiring.

See you on board! :D

They are probably working to gut the damage while on their way across the Atlantic so some of the work will have been done.

I was thinking about that too. If they are doing that, where are they putting that stuff --- in the Atlantic?:eek:

I'll be right there with you on June 14th Wil! Couldn't have said it better myself...the wild speculation with no basis in fact is getting a bit tiring.

See you on board! :D

:) Just think on the brite side. Everything will smell so fresh, the crew and staff will be in good spirits to be back at work and we will be more gratefull for being aboard.

DRINKS ALL AROUND! ------ On Princess of course!

I was thinking about that too. If they are doing that, where are they putting that stuff --- in the Atlantic?:eek:

Oh surely not:eek: . Actually, the ships have quit a recycling and garbage disposal center on board. We passengers generate an awful lot of trash so I'm sure they can accommodate the debris from the fire until they get to port and can off load it.

When Royal Caribbean completely redid the Sovereign of the Seas, they put big dumpsters up on the pool deck to put the debris in that they removed while they sailed to Freeport for the dry dock. I would imagine that Princess probably did something similar to take advantage of the time it takes to cross the Atlantic.

When Royal Caribbean completely redid the Sovereign of the Seas, they put big dumpsters up on the pool deck to put the debris in that they removed while they sailed to Freeport for the dry dock. I would imagine that Princess probably did something similar to take advantage of the time it takes to cross the Atlantic.

Now that you said that, I recall seeing a series on tv about that, Travel or Discovery Channel I think. That was very interesting to watch. Very hectic and stressful to get it all done in time.

As of today - Star still crossing Atlantic. We will be keeping our fingers crossed. I was thinking on having a plan B, but decided to wait and see what Princess will do and how much time will they give us. Maybe some of us will end up in June 14 sailing.

I have it on good authority that a pilot will be taken on in the early hours of tomorrow (April 8th) to help navigate the waters between the English Channel and Bremerhaven, they then have to go through a set of locks in order to reach the refit dockyard.

For those of you in the know, can you keep us posted on what's happening with the Star. We are booked on the May 25th sailing and are keeping our hopes up that it will be ready to sail on that date. :D

I assume that once it gets to Germany, we will be able to get more informatin on how the refurbishment is going.. and I hope that by at least end of April we will have a better idea on whether it will really be ready for May 15th and beyond.

Sally,

We reported in yesterday's edition that Star Princess is expected at Lloyd Werft on Sunday. During the crossing and while at Grand Bahama damaged material was removed so the yard will be able to start actual repair work as soon as the ship arrives in Germany.

"Progress reports" from the yard are unlikely since this type of work doesn't proceed step by step, but rather lots of things are going on at once.

Princess is completely confident that the ship will return to service as scheduled. In the unlikely event the yard they don't complete the job when they agreed to, in my opinion, Lloyd will have the ship ready to sail and would just complete whatever finishing work that is left in the first days the ship is sailing.

Alan Wilson

Cruise News Daily

In the unlikely event the yard they don't complete the job when they agreed to, in my opinion, Lloyd will have the ship ready to sail and would just complete whatever finishing work that is left in the first days the ship is sailing.

Alan Wilson

Cruise News Daily

This seems to make sense. They will have the balconies replaced in time to sail so the ship is watertight and if the work on the cabins is not completed, they will complete it underway, booking all the undamaged cabins and holding off on the damaged cabins until they are completely certain they will be ready.

We are booked on the May 15 sailing - can't change the dates so we are staying positive that everything will go as planned.

Should be the safest non-smoking ship at sea!!! Staff and crew should be delighted to be back at work - free champagne for all.

We are booked on the May 15 sailing - can't change the dates so we are staying positive that everything will go as planned.

Should be the safest non-smoking ship at sea!!! Staff and crew should be delighted to be back at work - free champagne for all.

What makes you think the ship will be non-smoking?

Archived