Sail Away Party on Summit in Alaska?

wdworbust

This will be my first cruise and I've read where people refer to a 'Sail Away' party. Is there anything like this on Summit? The ship sails from Seward at 9pm, is there any place special we should be?

Thanks in advance!

Laura

This will be my first cruise and I've read where people refer to a 'Sail Away' party. Is there anything like this on Summit? The ship sails from Seward at 9pm, is there any place special we should be?

Thanks in advance!

Laura

Please, Do not pass Go, go directly to the "Celebrity Roll Call forums" link near the top of this page and then on the Celebrity Roll Call page to look for your sailing. There is likely a group of fellow cruisers on your trip who are trading messages and often this includes 'sail away' meeting. By reading your sailing's 'history' of mesages you will become acquainted with the other board members sharing your trip. First cruisers can pick up alot of ideas, tips from the 'seadogs' Have fun

Actually, I've been active in our roll call since August. That's where someone suggested we get together that first night. I thought a SailAway party might be a good place to meet, but needed some input as to if there is any thing that Celebrity actually has scheduled and hoped that previous Summit Alaska cruisers could help us.

Thanks,

Laura

Please, Do not pass Go, go directly to the "Celebrity Roll Call forums" link near the top of this page and then on the Celebrity Roll Call page to look for your sailing. There is likely a group of fellow cruisers on your trip who are trading messages and often this includes 'sail away' meeting. By reading your sailing's 'history' of mesages you will become acquainted with the other board members sharing your trip. First cruisers can pick up alot of ideas, tips from the 'seadogs' Have fun

Hi. I did as you suggested, but still did not find out exactly what a "sail away" party was. (I had always assumed that this was individuals simply coming on deck with a drink to watch the ship leave port.) :)

However, I did note some of the other people who will be on our cruise, and I had already signed up for the CruiseCritic gathering on Constellation (Aug.26/06).

Hi. I did as you suggested, but still did not find out exactly what a "sail away" party was. (I had always assumed that this was individuals simply coming on deck with a drink to watch the ship leave port.) :)

However, I did note some of the other people who will be on our cruise, and I had already signed up for the CruiseCritic gathering on Constellation (Aug.26/06).

Sail away = "Lets get the party started." with folks outside to watch the departure from port (and wave to those arriving late). You can ask others on your trip if anyone wanted a 'sail away' meet/greet. Many folks use the large viewing lounge on top front of ship on sunrise deck to meet after lifeboat drill. Don't be surprised if someone orders a drink. You might want to also. Have fun.

Hi Laura,

Unfortunately, when we sailed from Seward last year we were in the dining room eating dinner, since we had second seating dinner. Come to think of it I don't even think they had anything up on deck for sailaway. They did have Mojito Sailaway party later in the evening in the Rendevouz Lounge.

I have my dailies at home and can look if you want me to just to make sure, but as I recall there was no organized sailaway party up on deck.

On Summit 2 years ago,we arrived early and were assigned to first seating the first night.We were lucky enough to have a balcony room for this cruise.We sat outside with our Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries.Keep an eye out for the wildlife.We got to see several sea otters on our way out of port and it was great.Have a fabulous time.

I really appreciate your input and helplfulness! I thought that even if Celebrity did have something going on, that the late port time might throw a wrench into things, since I understand it will be open seating times.

It sounds like we will just arrange a get together up on deck or maybe something on our balcony since we have an aft cabin and we can look for those otters!

With this first hand info, I'm sure we can't help but have a fabulous cruise and of course going to Alaska doesn't hurt either!!

Thanks again!

Laura

If you want to meet with some of the Cruise Critic members on your sailing all you have to do is post on your roll call the suggestion that you meet for a drink right after the life boat drill. On some of my past M Class sailings we met at the pool bar deck 10 portside foward. This is always optional and no strings attached you pay for your own beverage of choice. On some trips we agreed to wear a blue ribbon in order to identify yourself as a CC Member.

Hope this helps clear up what a Sail-A-Way get togeather is.

Happy Cruising :) :)

BobN

Archived