DAWN 3-26 Thoughts, Comments and .... Follies

captNcrunch

Tuesday April 4 GSC

All that I have heard about GSC on this board held pretty true. If you want a good seat, get off early, so we did. Had priority tender tix (thanks Laurel and Alex) and we were off on the first tender. We went to the left and walked all the way to the end of the beach where we snagged a few chairs. Really nice at this spot. You can get some nice pics of the ship from here. I played a few games of beach volleyball with a few 'fools' and some honorary 'fools' and had a great time. Drank a couple of beers, snorkeled, swam, drank another beer, play some more ball and then started to feel hungry. OOOOpppps. Lunch buffet closes at noon. Oh well, have another beer. I had a great time on GSC, but I can see why people might be turned off of the crowds. It really was not crowded where we were. In fact, it was quite cozy!

Spent the rest of the afternoon on Oasis deck by the pool, our second time sunning on deck (the other time was on day 2 sea day). Boy, it was hot up on deck. Had a burger and fries from Bimimi and it was very good. Waiters around the pool not too pushy. I flagged one down to grab me a beer.

Showered and headed down to the art auction again. This time we did not buy anything, but a couple of other 'fools' bought some art work.

Mixed the yuka flux for the TOGA party tonight. The TOGA idea was floated on our roll call and so I thought it would be fun to see if we could pull it off. I got my room steward to nab me 20 sheets from inventory (thanks, Alex) and we proceeded to inform people by word of mouth about the event. I apologize to those who wanted the option of participating but were not informed. I figured the word of mouth thing would work. Well, we did get 15 of us 'fools' onboard and it was a lot of fun.

Had dinner in Impressions with Tom and Sharon again, and the evening was off to a good start.

Got dressed for the TOGA. DW was sporting a new look for the spring, a fully pleated TOGA by Versace and I was wearing a high cut leggy thingy by Calvin Klein.:rolleyes:

Started off in Laurel's place (party central) and we proceeded down to the Pearly King's for the final pub crawl of the cruise. There were all sorts of looks given to us, from shock, amazement, joy, unibrow:mad: to 'I did not see the TOGA party listed in the freestyle daily?' look.

WE HAD A RIOT. I feel that we only added to the enjoyment of the ship that evening and I'm sure that people will remember us for trying to have a good time. Finished the pub crawl and went back down to Laurel's to drink and eat the yuka flux. Wo, who!

Went to Dazzles still sporting TOGAS and danced until it closed. Went to the Blue Lagoon for a late night snack and got a pic with the waitresses on duty. They had fun with that!

What a great day! I am tired now!

I'll agree with Cruisinbunnies comment about the draft beer. I've never seen such a screwy system for tapping. I sat for at least 5 minutes waiting for my Bass ale in the Pearly King's. I really felt sorry for the poor bartender. All that was coming out of the tap was foam. They would tap into a pitcher, spoon off a lot of the foam, then pour into the glass. Pitcher back under the tap, go through the process again and repeat until glass was full. By then the beer wasn't all that good. All it too was one for me to switch to bottled. I was told that the kegs for the PK were on deck 9, two decks above the tap. Weird system :).

Canadiennes -

What is a unibrow?

Down here it's a slang term for Middle Easterners, particularly Persians, because of the single eyebrow most of the men (and some women) seem to sport.

I had a visual of you guys smacking Darcy or Craig with a small Arab in djellabah and burnoose while his camel looked on, concerned.

Laurel,

It's the look men deserve when they make a bone-headed move or comment. You know, when you shoot them a look and your 2 eyebrows become one. I think you Californians have another look. Cause I saw you give it to Charlie once. Yours involved baring teeth and a bit of a snarl. You kind of looked like a mad bunny! :mad: :D :rolleyes: ;) :p

Laurel,

It's the look men deserve when they make a bone-headed move or comment. You know, when you shoot them a look and your 2 eyebrows become one. I think you Californians have another look. Cause I saw you give it to Charlie once. Yours involved baring teeth and a bit of a snarl. You kind of looked like a mad bunny! :D

Okay so to sum it up it kinda works like this .......

We have Karen:

MeanieLuckySeries2BB.jpg

And then there is Laurel

titanicbuns.gif.072e891bb6b4b4f7d2dc3f9da13367fe.gif

I'll agree with Cruisinbunnies comment about the draft beer. I've never seen such a screwy system for tapping. I sat for at least 5 minutes waiting for my Bass ale in the Pearly King's. I really felt sorry for the poor bartender. All that was coming out of the tap was foam. They would tap into a pitcher, spoon off a lot of the foam, then pour into the glass. Pitcher back under the tap, go through the process again and repeat until glass was full. By then the beer wasn't all that good. All it too was one for me to switch to bottled. I was told that the kegs for the PK were on deck 9, two decks above the tap. Weird system :).

So much for the theory of things flowing down hill. I had the same problem no matter which bar I tried, they all had the same system, so I would be extremely leary of getting a pitcher :eek: ... no telling when they started to draw it.

Good plan!!! I just emailed the CC Group Cruise person....might be a way to save a few $$$$

Hi Fundy,

As I told you during our trip, we would sure be interested in sharing a group cruise and split the advantages amongt all the rooms. Our family would take one or two, and at the disembarking line we met with another couple who had that one in their plans - so on our side this makes 2 or 3 rooms

Diane,

Sorry you felt out of the loop. There are a lot of people from our CC group that I wish I had spent more time with...yourself, Ev, Big Al, Theresa, Hal, Geri, Bob, Joanne, Lisa, Steve, Nathalie, Andre, Yvonne, Craig, Gary & Melanie...I could go on and on and probably should because I know I'm forgetting someone :( It takes all kinds of folks to make the world go round and we had a very diverse mix....I hope we do meet again someday and get to know each other a little better.

And thanks again for all the work you did on bringing this group together!

We also wished we could have spent more time with all of you guys, :( but we knew from the beginning that some activities would be different, mainly because many of our excursions were geared to scuba:o , and being serious about this crap, we would not drink much and get to bed at a "reasonable" hour the day before - so that about summarised it, but by all means we NEVER felt left out. It was great to stop by and say hi - and you guys were always welcoming, easy to find, especially when our Canadian flag Darcy was around. So at leisure, we met and split from the group and that was just fine with us. Of course no one should be responsible for organizing nor calling everyone or else they would be bringing their everyday work-organize responsibilities on vacation and who would be crazy enough to actually work while on vacation :p

Actually Fundy, we did it on purpose not to get to know everyone that well like this we really have to cruise again with you all ;)

Hugs and kisses

I will do my review:

Our cabin steward was not very attentive. Actually, we only once had an 'animal' created out of towels. ALWAYS making those silly animals.

Lisa

We had towel animals ALL the time!

. . . One time we had a towel snake...another time we had a towel eel...and then there's the time we had a towel catapillar!:eek: LOL

Ya know, 'silla' (seeya) is spanish for chair...:rolleyes:

There's also mesa (like in what a mess ha?) for table, but that's another chapter.

How are you times? Gotta change that icon picture for a toga one, you really had that Greek God look.:)

You may not know, but my walker is called a 'Nova"

Ironically, 'No Va' means,"Doesn't Go" :rolleyes:

Yes, and we had a Chevy Nova once. We heard that they had to change the name of that model in some countries since people weren't buying them.

We also wished we could have spent more time with all of you guys, :( but we knew from the beginning that some activities would be different, mainly because many of our excursions were geared to scuba:o , and being serious about this crap, we would not drink much and get to bed at a "reasonable" hour the day before - so that about summarised it, but by all means we NEVER felt left out. It was great to stop by and say hi - and you guys were always welcoming, easy to find, especially when our Canadian flag Darcy was around. So at leisure, we met and split from the group and that was just fine with us. Of course no one should be responsible for organizing nor calling everyone or else they would be bringing their everyday work-organize responsibilities on vacation and who would be crazy enough to actually work while on vacation :p

Actually Fundy, we did it on purpose not to get to know everyone that well like this we really have to cruise again with you all ;)

Hugs and kisses

Scuba...our sentiments exactly. Getting to know all of you was truly the best part of trip. It was great to be walking around, and have someone call to you to just say hello, and ask how your day was going. Sometimes it was nice to do group activities, and sometimes it was nice to just split off by ourselves to enjoy some quality time together. And you're right about no one having to be responsible for organizing or calling everyone else.

So, if I didn't say it before, I will say it now. And if I did, it certainly bears repeating. Even though we didn't always participate in all the "group" activities, we absolutely loved sailing with all the 'fools'. We would go again with you in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, the April 1 one would not work for us, but we do hope that we will have the opportunity to cruise with some or all of you again. And I certainly do hope that we will all stay in touch.

Hey Scuba, Pirate, and everyone else who is on!

Hope all is well! :) Love reading the updates.

OMG Pirate, I can't believe what you guys had to go through to get home!! :( No wonder you booked the next cruise so fast - you needed another vacation to look forward to. Although I am sure you have something lined up beforehand.

Hi Everyone...hope everyone is having a great weekend, and a wonderful holiday tomorrow.

BTW, thought that you guys would be interested in hearing that I went to WW on the Saturday after we got home.

I only gained 2 lbs on the cruise!!!!:D

Sitting here waiting for son to arrive for son and GF to arrive for Easter visit :). Doing the late night coloring of the eggs ritual (traditions, you understand :p) Happy happy to everyone.

BTW, is it just me or is the quick reply button not functioning?

Hi Kids -

Up early here, making my traditional Easter green salad ( I'm such a cook) to take to Sean's sister Kerry's.

We've been going for Easter for decades and this year, rather than our ususal 15 or 20, we have 40 or 50. everyone asked to bring someone.........that's a big salad.

SEANIE> WE WISH YOU WERE HERE, SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!

Wishing everyone peace, bunnies and chickies (no chickies for the Cap'n)

HAppy Easter.

Archived