I am Worried-

borntoswim

We booked our May 6 cruise long before I found this board and learned that it is usually better to fly in the night before - any way - we booked everything through DCL - cruise, air and transfers. Just looked on the DCL site and see they have our flights listed. They have us leaving CT. at 8 arriving in Atlanta at 10:30 leaving Atlanta at noon and arriving in Orlando at 1:24. Is this enough time to get to the port and board? If we are booked all through DCL is it their responsibilty to get us to port in time? TIA

If you booked everything through DCL, including your transfers from airport to port, you'll be in good shape. Disney has an incredible transportation setup so you'll get to your ship. Enjoy your cruise. Disney is great fun!

Cheryl

No worries, as long as everything was booked through disney.

If your plane is late the ship will actually wait for you as long as you booked the flight, transfers, using their DCL buses to get from airport to terminal. We have seen this happen. Once we didn't pull out of the port until 6:15 because a flight was delayed and there were people on it who had booked with DCL for everything. So we waited. it was really strange to have the sail away party and count down to 0, and then the ship didnt move! WE didnt know until about 5:30 when the captain announced what had happened. sure enough about 6 p.m. a DCL bus pulled up and unloaded some people and 15 minutes later we were on our way. we did arrive on time to our port the next morning.

Now if those people had booked their own flights and arranged transportation from the airport to the terminal on their own, we would of pulled out at 5 p.m. as scheduled. DCL wouldnt of waited.

I guess the best way ot sum it up is Disney take scar eof it's people very well when they book through them.

mom x4,grandma x4

We booked our May 6 cruise long before I found this board and learned that it is usually better to fly in the night before - any way - we booked everything through DCL - cruise, air and transfers. Just looked on the DCL site and see they have our flights listed. They have us leaving CT. at 8 arriving in Atlanta at 10:30 leaving Atlanta at noon and arriving in Orlando at 1:24. Is this enough time to get to the port and board? If we are booked all through DCL is it their responsibilty to get us to port in time? TIA
If everything was done Disney, they'll wait. 1:24 in Orlando, gives you a 3 hour and 26 minute window, to make the ship. Saturday air service is usually reliable, less business persons travelling, which means more planes available. As far as flying in the night before, it's comforting. 1st time stuff like this is a tough choice. You'll be fine, relax. We've done it both way's 2x's each, and all has worked out well. When you board at 3:25 the lines will be short at the terminal. You'll get on fine and have a Great Time. Please post your experiance, and help other 1st time cruisers. Metrowon

We are booked on May 20th - Western side. This will be our first Disney but 15-20th cruise - several lines. I am so excited!!! We live in Orlando so it is fairly easy to get to the Port - especially since I live 4 miles from the Airport. I takes maybe 40 min. Right from the airport you are on a fast road - beach line now that is a breeze. With a bus or Disney all the way -- you will get there quite fast. Disney tries to leave nothing to chance and has plans for several 'items' happening. I know this because any time Disney embarks on a project they do their homework and planning.

Sooooo....I am planning on being one of the adult kids they have on board - will have my Tigger T-shirts at the ready.

Can't wait -- let us know how it goes!!! Also any tips!!!

And HAVE FUN!!!!

Archived