Ship Confussion

cruisegal7092

I am looking into taking my first Disney Cruise (have only cruise Royal Caribbean) and am a little confused on one issue:

There are two ships named Magic and Wonder according to the Disney website. Are there actually 2 or more of the same ship, though? The reason I am asking is that on the Disney website and on one of the discount travel sites (I don't know if I can name it), they list a 7 day vacation (3 nights on land and 4 at sea) leaving from Port Canaveral on Jan. 25, 2007on the Wonder.

So, I was checking other discount sites to check rates and most other travel sites list the same ship (Wonder) leaving on the same day (Jan. 25th) but only as a 3 day cruise.

From this, I am assuming there must be 2 different Wonders docked at Port Canaveral? Can anyone explain this? Thank you.

Disney only has two ships, one is the Wonder the other is the Magic. The Magic usually does 7 day cruises rotating between the Eastern and Western Carribean. The Wonder typically does the three and four day cruises to the Bahamas. So one of the sites is incorrect on the date.:D

Thanks for your response. This is what I suspected. I couldn't imagine two ships with the same name. But, I am still very confused because the same ship is iisted for both 3 and 4 day out of Port Canaveral on the same day. These are reputable travel sites, too. That's a huge mistake!

I am looking into taking my first Disney Cruise (have only cruise Royal Caribbean) and am a little confused on one issue:

There are two ships named Magic and Wonder according to the Disney website. Are there actually 2 or more of the same ship, though? The reason I am asking is that on the Disney website and on one of the discount travel sites (I don't know if I can name it), they list a 7 day vacation (3 nights on land and 4 at sea) leaving from Port Canaveral on Jan. 25, 2007on the Wonder.

So, I was checking other discount sites to check rates and most other travel sites list the same ship (Wonder) leaving on the same day (Jan. 25th) but only as a 3 day cruise.

From this, I am assuming there must be 2 different Wonders docked at Port Canaveral? Can anyone explain this? Thank you.

There is only one Wonder. The Wonder leaving on Jan 25th could be a 3 day cruise or it is combined with a 4 day land+3 day cruise leaving on Jan 25th =7 day land+cruise. Same ship.

The travel sites don't have it wrong; it is just confusing. When you do a 7 night land/sea with DCL that has the 4 night cruise, your 7 night vacation starts on Thursday, and the land portion is first. So the 7 night land/sea on 1/25/07 begins with the land portion from Thursday until Sunday, with the 4 night wonder cruise beginning on Sunday 1/28/07.

The 1/25 Wonder is a 3 nighter; the 1/28 is the 4 nighter.

I completely understand what you guys are trying to explain but you are still incorrect (or the travel sites are wrong).

Disney and one other very reputable travel site list the cruise I want: 3 day land and 4 day at sea as leaving on Jan. 25th. The other travel sites I have been trying to use to compare prices list a 3 day cruise leaving on Jan. 25th on the same ship (Wonder).

I had thought of your explainations before and this is why I am still confused. I don't mean to dwell on this, I was just trying to better explain my problem. I know I should assume the Disney site is correct but I really wanted to try to compare and save!

Thanks for all your help.

Here's where your confusion lies.

On JANUARY 25th, two things occur:

1) The LAND/SEA package begins with a THREE-NIGHT stay at a Disney resort.

2) The Disney WONDER is doing a THREE-NIGHT sailing.

BOTH of those things start with a JANUARY 25th vacation date.

After the three-night stay at the resort, those folks would get on the FOUR-NIGHT sailing that begins on January 28.

Disney uses the start of the vacation as the start date for the land/sea package listings, NOT the date that the ship sails. The land portion is always FIRST in their packages.

Hope that helps. :)

Okay, now that explanation makes perfect sense to me! So, I should be looking for the 4 night sailing on Jan. 28th on those other travel sites. But then, when I do that, they aren't including the 3 day land portion--correct?

One travel site I was on, included it all. This is where the confusion started.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Forgive my being a little slow.

So, I should be looking for the 4 night sailing on Jan. 28th on those other travel sites. But then, when I do that, they aren't including the 3 day land portion--correct?

Yes, exactly! Whatever you are looking at should include the 4-night sailing as a CRUISE ONLY and not part of a land/sea package. :)

Archived