konascuba/culture excursion

fiddledisney

I just wanted to say that the POA excursion Kona Snorkel/Culture was a big hit with my family. The first stop was a beach where we got in and snorkeled among a large variety of fish (my dh liked this better than Hanuama Bay on Oahu). Some of the group even got to snorkle near a turtle. Then you get dressed and drive to Place of Refuge for a quick visit. After you stop at a coffee farm that also has a small selection of banana, pineapple, plumeria, mango,etc plants for you to see. We even were able to this day to get a just picked banana. We all had a great time and it was one of our favorite activities!!! Just thought I would share.

Hi Fiddledisney,

We have booked a cruise for October also on POA and I am hoping to find out as much before hand as possible. Is this an excursion that you took off the ship? When you snorkeled, was this water deep or shallow where you could have your feet on the bottom. I am not the bravest when it comes to deep water, I remember when we went to Coco Cay on a Carribean cruise before and you just had to wade in and you could see all sorts of fish without going in too deep. Can you please tell me a few more details, like how long was the tour and was it expensive? It sounds like great fun.

Hope you don`t mind me asking a lot of questions? :D

This is an excursion we booked from the ship, I don't remember the exact cost but I think it was under $100. The water is shallow, able to put feet down in most spots. The entire excursion was about 4 hours with plenty of time to do something else in the afternoon.

the end of march. We didn't do a lot of excursions as they tend to add up. My family did the surfing in Poipu and they both were able to get up and surf a little. Surfing is very tiring to learn. We rented a car in Kauai. We drove to the lighthouse and then to Waimea Canyon. Waimea was much more our favorite than the lighthouse. We rented a car and paid the ten dollar parking fee about two blocks from the ship. We did a lot of rental car exploring trying to see a lot at each stop so my teen complained of too much car time. 2 out of three of us loved the Big Island candies in Hilo also the banyon trees. The aquarium on Maui was great, we all enjoyed walking through. DH went to Mauna Kea on an excursion and all got to see almost as much as we did after our drive to Volcano park, imagine throwing snowballs in Hawaii!

Archived