Jewelery - St Thomas of St Maarten

vesw01

VESW01 - In my opinion they are about equal. I have bought nice jewerly on both islands and on the ship. For me - I am usually looking for something in particular (for example an Emerald Slide for my Omega) and look until I find one I REALLY love - then the haggling starts. I set a limit for myself - and I find that on the islands they will start at about 50% off the ticket price and come way down from there. If I can't get them down to the amount of money I want to spend, I walk away. They don't want you to walk - believe me! - so if they let you go, you know that they have given you their best price. I go away (walk out of the store) and think about it - and if I think it is a good deal I might go back and buy it. On the ship - the prices are set - you like it at that price - you buy it.

BTW - I found my emerald slide in St. Maarten in January!:D

My wife loves jewelry and we have been to both islands several times. My advise is to look at the first island and if you see something you want and the price is good, just buy it, because there is NO guarentee that you will find it at the next island.

Archived