Carnival Cocktails

PineappleGal

Sounds good? Based on what? The previous poster only said the name, nothing about what is in it.

I can say this based on the name: It may be the greatest drink ever, but us guys will be too chicken to order it with a name like that!;)

KISS ON THE LIPS

1 - 1 1/2 oz peach schnapps

4 - 6 oz frozen mango mix

1 tbsp grenadine syrup

Pretty good. DW loves them.

How much can I expect to spend on this sort of drink? I'm cruising (first time!) on the Elation in December.

There is a beverage menu posted for the normal ships' prices

And each ship has different Drinks of the Day in the souvenir cups and then you can get refills also for the cups .

Prices vary as to the size of the drink , and also whether it is the special for the day or not .

Here is a link to the beverage menu:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2703651680085339509EVNAKj

and then I also did a search for you on webshots for the Elation:

usually the first drink of your day special is the FUNSHIP :

here is a link to view several capers for the elation:

http://image58.webshots.com/458/0/95/54/2642095540101937004mpUcDQ_fs.jpg

Hope this helps

Thanks, that does help! I wasn't able to view the capers, but I was able to see the menu. It was uploaded in May 2006, are those prices still accurate?

I've heard 8-9 dollars mentioned somewhere, which is why I ask and am trying to pin this down. Specifically I'm wondering if it's a better value to pre-buy those Carnival drink coupons that work out to $5.00 a drink, or just to get them on the ship. From the menu you posted, it looks as though buying them on the ship would be fine.....but it is old?

Also - anyone know if the drink coupons you can buy work on the more expensive daily specials?

11.gif

ScaleRecipe('475',1);

1 oz creme de bananes

1 oz creme de cacao

1 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur

2 scoops vanilla ice cream

12.gif

Blend six ice cubes with ice-cream in a blender until smooth. Add liqueurs and continue blending, again until smooth. Add more ice-cream if needed (for milk-shake consistency). Pour into a highball glass, and serve.

Is this it? It sounds really good. The radio show that I listen to in the morning talks about it all the time.

Thank you so much. This is very close but it didn't have ice cream in it. I made your recipe with just ice cubes and it was delicious!! :D

"Creative Concoctions from Carnival"

Name your favorite Drink that you enjoyed the most. Can't remember what was in it. I have the book of all trades the "Carnival Cocktails sm Creative Concoctions from Carnival" If the drink is in the book I will post the recipe and possible picture. Any questions Reply.

Hi There,

is there the recipe for the Premium Martini or the Cosmopolitan, also interested in the Strawberry Daquiri recipe too.

thanks

Taby027

PineappleGal: Thanks so much for the book tip! I just ordered one to be delivered to my room on our cruise on 9/23 (18 days - yeah!) on the Liberty!

From reading the thread, I had forgotten about Yellowbirds! I love those. Had them at a Sandals resort. I'll be sure to get one on this trip. Also am looking forward to trying Kiss on the Lips.

Thanks, again!

I can say this based on the name: It may be the greatest drink ever, but us guys will be too chicken to order it with a name like that!;)

That reminds me of the time I went with my boyfriend to an 80's Themed nightclub where the specialty drinks have names like "Purple Rain" and "Pac Man Fever." I was drinking an "I Want Your Sex," and I asked my boyfriend if he'd buy me another one. He said he would, but I'd have to go to the bar with him to order it because he wasn't going to say that to the bartender.

• 1 month later...
FUNSHIP SPECIAL A.K.A THE FUN SHIP

1 fl oz Finlandia Vodka

1 1/2 fl oz Bacardi Light Rum

1/4 fl oz De Kuyper - Apricot Brandy

1/4 fl oz De Kuyper - Amaretto

6 fl ozs Fruit Punch

Blend all ingredients together, pour over ice and garnish with orange slice and cherry

funship9nu.jpg

Holly crap,,,Thanks Pineapplegal. The wife and I whipped up a couple of batches of the fun ships this past Sat, it tasted spot on laying out by the pool with some steel drum tunes playing and lots of sunshine shinning. But let me say this, I know with out a dought on the ships they use only a fraction of the alcohole in this drink. We each had 5 drinks (in fun ship glasses ofcourse) and it was pretty much lights out, wow they packed a punch. On the ships we drink them all day and half the night and we are fine, but thats not the case with these puppies.

Thanks alot for posting and there will be many more fun ships served at our house.;)

I still need to know what Fruit punch is in the fun ship special. It is a specific flavor, so I need to find the one they use.

I saw this on another thread:

"I watched them fill the dispensers on the Spirit 4/2 sailing and the brand is "Vitality" by Vitality Beverages Incorporated"

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
are the prices for the drinks still the same?? would it be better to buy the drink coupon?

Mandakate:

I believe all the prices are the same since i've been on I don't think a line would change prices without notice. Buying Coupons are a great way to save some money, if you can get someone close to you that is thinking of getting you a present or just get it for the heck of it, it is a great idea to carry around (prepaid) rather then having to put it on your Sail and Sign Card. Let me know if this works for you.

Pineapplegal

Mandakate:

I believe all the prices are the same since i've been on I don't think a line would change prices without notice. Buying Coupons are a great way to save some money, if you can get someone close to you that is thinking of getting you a present or just get it for the heck of it, it is a great idea to carry around (prepaid) rather then having to put it on your Sail and Sign Card. Let me know if this works for you.

Pineapplegal

I use the coupons too

It is nice to get some of the sign & sail paid ahead of time

that way

and I can buy other friends drinks that way ...and know that I am not going to break the bank !! LOL

• 4 weeks later...

I am in search of a drink that my husband and I fell in love with on the Carnival Glory. They called it a Lovey Dovey and I don't think it is too difficult, but I would like to verify the recipe. It had Pina Colada mix, Strawberry daquiri and a frozen mango mix with dark rum drizzled over it. I have tried to make it at home but can't find the mango mix and it just doesn't taste quite right. If you have the recipe for this, I would like to verify the ingredients.

We are actually taking this cruise again in October for a family graduation trip for my niece. Almost my entire family is getting to go. Cruising is my husbands favorite vacation.

Sounds good? Based on what? The previous poster only said the name, nothing about what is in it.

On one of our first cruises to Mexico, we were hanging out at the bar one hot afternoon. Everyone was drinking pretty heavily ("Fun Day at Sea"). A woman who had obviously reached her limit a lot earlier, staggered up to the bar and ordered a SEX ON THE LIPS.

The stunned looks on the faces of everyone at the bar, including the bartender, were priceless. Then, a ROAR of laughter erupted. The woman had no clue why we were all hysterical. It still makes me giggle......

i just got back from my first cruise and i wish i had known about this book before hand....unfortunately, i think you must be going on a cruise to be able to order it....

may i please have the recipes to the caribbean breeze and the island delight? those were my favorites!!!

i just got back from my first cruise and i wish i had known about this book before hand....unfortunately, i think you must be going on a cruise to be able to order it....

may i please have the recipes to the caribbean breeze and the island delight? those were my favorites!!!

I'm going to give you a little teaser...

I think you'll like the book,

next time you'll have to pick one up

very well worth it , for $3.95 :D

Carnivaldrinks4.jpg

Island Delight

1oz Bacardi Rum

1/2 oz DeKuyper Creme de Banana

3 Oz Orange Juice

Blend all ingredients together

Pour over ice

and garnish with lemon wheel