Now that Kauai

cruzin princess

Hi,

We were booked on the 3/3/07 Summit LA Roundtrip in a RS.

After the change of itinerary, we have cancelled and re-booked a RS on Mercury sailing on 2/9/07, Mex Riv out of San Diego. Extremely disappointed, however, it is just something we must chalk up to travelling experiences. Happy to sail with Celebrity again. We will do Hawaii, just not sure when!

Regards,

Don and Kathie

We were told my your asst. Matre'd that they were changing to a new 5 stop itinerary that included stay till 11PM on Maui and re-ordered stops. Starts with the 4/23/06 cruise.

Did they say if that would be on all of the Hawaii cruises? Or just random. We are booked on the 12/23 and are a little bummed about the cancellation of Kauai. I was hoping they could figure out how to go about getting it back.

Thanks for the info.

Desiree

We just got back from our cruise last Friday and were going to book the 14-day Hawaii Summit 03/17/07 on the cruise till we were told they were dropping the one port. We had decided to wait till our cruise to book the Hawaii cruise to get the OBC....the next thing we knew the price went up...so we definately could use the OBC....then we get on board and find out the one port was dropped. We found out that those who had booked would get OBC for the dropped port but if you booked now there would be no additional credit. We didn't have a back up plan so we asked if we could get certificate for the OBC as long as I booked within a certain period so I could go home and do some research....she wouldn't do it...what she wanted me to do is to book the cruise anyway....go home do my research....then I would have to book that cruise and they would credit the cruise I booked on board and transfer the OBC. I didn't want that much money tied up so in the end I don't think we will be doing the Summit Hawaii cruise in 2007. Any other suggestions for Hawaii cruises??

Just want to correct something from my other post. I took a look at the "future cruise" pamphlet I picked up on Summit and the longer stay in Maui (7am-11pm) is part of the itinerary that does not stop on Kauai.

Everyone we talked with on the cruise would have liked to spend more time on Maui. We were on the first tender out and although it is a 7a-3p stop we didn't get into shore until almost 8. The last tender back is listed at 2, not much time for such a beautiful island. We rented a car on Kauai and drove up to Waimea Canyon State Park, I don't think I would want to miss that for extra time elsewhere.

We would do the trip again in a minute. I guess if one wants to spend more time on the islands there are other ways to manage it.

If you want to see Kauai (the most beautiful island) suggest you change over to Princess. The Island Princess has a full day there. Of course this does not include the Napali Coast, which is gorgeous.

To see both, check out HAL, which includes the morning (until 1PM) in Kauai and then cruises all the way around the island to see the Napali Coast.

I would not consider a Hawaii cruise without a Kauai stop, since it is my favorite island. I could skip Maui.

:( We canceled! We were VERY disappointed. We had this booked for a long time, had a CC cabin we really wanted too. We selected a 11 day Southern Caribbean instead. We will take long look at all Hawaiian itineraries before we rebook.

Unfortunately, cancelling is not an option with us. I checked out the other cruise lines and the scheduling will not work for us.

Since we have never been to Hawaii - we will just make the best of it. We are excited regardless of the ports. We would have liked to see the Fern Grotto.

Maybe something will happen between now and December and we will be pleasantly surprised.

Desiree

Desiree,

You will have a wonderful time on your cruise of Hawaii. The veteran cruisers on this board are disappointed that Kauai, which is truly a beautiful island is no longer on the itinerary. This doesn't mean however, that a first timer like you won't have a great time, because you will. You will see Kauai's Napili Coast from the sea, which is a wonderful treat. You will alsohave more time to see Maui, which has a lot to offer but is more urban than Kauai.

Here are the DO NOT MISS sites to see in Hawaii...

Pearl Harbor (Oahu has a greast public transportation system and Pearl Harbor is easily reached by public bus). However, go to Pearl Harbor as early as possible in the morning because the later in the day you go the longer the wait.

Maui Rent a car and drive up Mount Healealekala (sp?) and see the crater. This is one of the really great drives in the world. But again go very early in the morning as the fog rolls in late moring.

Kauai Get a good night's sleep the night before you sail the Napili Coast and plan to stand outside (a windbreaker is recommended). Look at Nihau Island as well.

Oahu I do not know how many hours you will be there but another possibility is to rent a car so that you can visit the Polynesian Cultultural Center and see the north part of the Island especially Waimea beach which is one of the most famous surfing beaches in the world.

Hope this helps,

Fred

Desiree,

You will have a wonderful time on your cruise of Hawaii. The veteran cruisers on this board are disappointed that Kauai, which is truly a beautiful island is no longer on the itinerary. This doesn't mean however, that a first timer like you won't have a great time, because you will. You will see Kauai's Napili Coast from the sea, which is a wonderful treat. You will alsohave more time to see Maui, which has a lot to offer but is more urban than Kauai.

Here are the DO NOT MISS sites to see in Hawaii...

Pearl Harbor (Oahu has a greast public transportation system and Pearl Harbor is easily reached by public bus). However, go to Pearl Harbor as early as possible in the morning because the later in the day you go the longer the wait.

Maui Rent a car and drive up Mount Healealekala (sp?) and see the crater. This is one of the really great drives in the world. But again go very early in the morning as the fog rolls in late moring.

Kauai Get a good night's sleep the night before you sail the Napili Coast and plan to stand outside (a windbreaker is recommended). Look at Nihau Island as well.

Oahu I do not know how many hours you will be there but another possibility is to rent a car so that you can visit the Polynesian Cultultural Center and see the north part of the Island especially Waimea beach which is one of the most famous surfing beaches in the world.

Hope this helps,

Fred

Thanks for the information. We have a car rented in each port. We will get to see both Pearl Harbor and the Culteral Center as we are in Honolulu until 11 pm.

I know this is a silly questions but does anyone know which side of the ship you will get to see the Napili Coast from? We will be seeing it after Maui.

Thanks!

Desiree

Well, yes. We are on the 12/23 sailing. While we are disappointed that we are skipping Kauai, we are looking forward to our sea days. Also, this cruise includes Christmas and New Year's. The ports are nice, but on this particular cruise, not the most important thing for us.

I can hardly wait...14 days of being pampered with no responsibilities....

Archived