Photos of the QMII--2-25-06

cmvnapa

Hi, new here, took first cruise on the Sapphire Princess in February. Since the Queen Mary II was nearby when we boarded on Saturday, 25 February, I took a number of photos and would be happy to post or send them to anyone who may have been lingering on the rear of the boat as first we departed and then watched the QMII leave.

QMII.jpg.35f8c8d0db6a5a4c74075b588ce621bb.jpg

Hi,

I should be in that photo. Third row down, just above the double row of windows, and a little left of centre.(I think) It didn't look that crowded from our point of view.

I'll need to see what pics we have of Saphire Princess. Where on the ship were you?

Thanks for the photo, Colin.

Hi, I was so befuddled by the entire boarding experience (we had "express" check-in that was anything but, someone else's luggage was at our front door and in our closet, etc.) that I don't actually remember where I was...definitely the starboard side and probably on the Aloha deck where most of my in-laws had their cabins. We were in a mini-suite on the Dolphin deck.

The photo I posted was compressed and cropped; I have others that are 374kb with more detail. It was very exciting to see the QMII so close. We had no idea what was going on until we got there - traffic was quite horrendous.

Love to read these boards but don't think we are quite cut out for the cruise-type vacations.

Archived