POA and Renting a car in Kauai

rnprincess

Has anyone just come of the POA and can give some info please. Want to rent car just curious if it would be better just to make 2 reservations or keep the car overnite and return it prior to the 1p sailing, some have said they had to leave early and:eek: would not want to call rental agent to say car is in parking lot.

thanxs

Jenn

NCL WIND 6/05--HAWAII:rolleyes: MEMORIES

NCLA POA 6/06--HAWAII:eek: W/THE KIDS:D

We were on Pride of Aloha (may work with Pride of America as well) and just rented the car for one day. The ship left about 1:00 but we had to be on board by noon to sail around the Na Pali coast, so we hated to try a rental when we were only there a few hours. We scheduled a helicopter tour the second morning about 10:00 and that worked out well. The helicopter company picked us up and dropped us off at the ship.

I guess it would depend on what you wanted to do the second morning. Some businesses offer free shuttles that may work for your schedule. If there are areas of the island you want to explore and can do it in a couple of hours, I think a 2-day rental may be the way to go. You won't have to be bussed to the airport to pick up the vehicle, which can take a bit of time away from your schedule. Just remember that you would still need to drop off the car and be shuttled back to the ship. This can take time as well, especially if there is a line waiting or someone is on break. You can park the car about a block from the pier, but I believe there is an overnight fee involved.

Hope this helps.

Don

rented the day we got there and returned it the next morning. saved myself another day charge and it was easier than dropping it off close to departure time and sweating it. the cool thing was that the chopper guy took us to the car rental after we flew. and it was right there. use thrifty if ya can as it was cheap-quick-and painless as a blue chip memeber (which is free).

So is there a closer car rental to Port Allen, Vs. using the one's at Lihue Airport..seems a bit longer road to Lihue?..I'm booked for Nov 24th. POA. but am trying to get my rentals all sewn up before hand..any of you know..or do they shuttle you "car rental's" to n from the ship/Port? from Lihue?

Archived