Lido Deck on Valor

vesw01

Currently we are booked in a 4 a guar. My husband was looking at the Valor deck plans and thought he would feel more comfortable if we picked a specific room and liked that the Lido deck was near the pool - it is $100 more pp for us to pick a room on that deck. I am going to wait for a sale to see if I can get it cheaper, but would love some opinions on being on the Lido Deck (our sailing is Sept 24). BTW the only cabins that are left are in the front of the ship, so they aren't right near the doors to go outside.

Don't be shy to check out Panorama as well. It is one deck up, but as soon as you walk out the door, you are at the waterslide pool and the stairs going down are right there. We were in 1035 and absolutely loved it. As far as Lido or Panorama, the location is perfect.

Just got back yesterday. Had cabin 9207 on Lido, very close to the front. My only gripe was that somehow people can get to an area above the bridge, which was very close to our balcony, and they seemed a little rude about it. Otherwise, it was very convenient being on Lido for the buffet and the pool.

We had cabin 9256, interior, on the Valor Lido deck. It was a great location because it was on the same level or very close to the places we spend a lot of time in.

The deck at front mentioned above is accessible via a door on the port side of the Lido deck. (There is a similar deco on deck 10, and the two decks are joined by a stairway.) This deck was our favorite spot to hang out for sailaways and early morning coffee. Very few people there. The deck extends out over the "wings" of the bridge, so you can see down each side of the ship, forward and backward at the same time.

And yes, you can check out the people in the balconies :D !

Correct. Some people know to look for the not-so-secret, secret doors at the end of the halls (they are on both sides).

And that brings up something else to be aware of vesw01. The cabins at the very front of Decks 5, 6, 7, 9, & 10 do not have private balconies, but large picture windows looking out on the public balcony area at the front of the ship. Not a real big deal, just remember that when privacy is desired, make sure the curtains are pulled tight. :eek: ;) :D

Excellent - that is great information. We would be doing an inside cabin - can' t quite justify the balcony -but who knows next time.

Hoping to get the room for a better price, will hang in there to see how it oll boils down.

How much do you think is too much for a 4f (I think that is Lido). We have a 4 a gur for $399 and other would be $499. I know it would be worth the money for my husbands piece of mind, but even our PVP said don't spend that much to move up.

My friends and I were on Lido deck cabin 9227-it was a great location. That far front there was little commotion going on-easy access to both the front "secret deck", and also to all the action on the pool area of the deck, Rosie's, etc. We were just fortunate enough to have it assigned to us. I don't know how they do those assignments, I do know we booked quite awhile in advance, but I doubt that had anything to do with it. If you are really set on that area of the ship, you would probably be best paying the extra to book it, but it really isn't that hard to get to any area on the ship no matter where your room is located once you figure out the floor plan! (Decks 9 and 5 gets you to most areas of the ship.)

Archived