Endeavor of the Seas, Genesis of the Seas?

gwennw

:cool: Hi all! Just back from an awesome 7 day Mariner cruise! I just saw the article about the new Endeavor of the Seas. My waitor on board told me about a ship that was to come out in 2009 called the Genesis of the Seas, that would hold 9000 people (passengers and crew)! Obviously, it would be the largest ship out there, and would consist of many smaller dining venues, rather than just a few large ones. That was all he knew. Anyone else hear any info about the Genesis? Do you think it is a rumor, or might it really be coming? Would you want to cruise on such a huge ship?

This has been a rumor for quite some time. The Genesis will reportedly be 240,000 tons. At one point the rumors said this would actually be a "mother ship" that you would board for a few days and then get on to other smaller ships for several days to visit various ports. It's all hypothetical at this point.

It isn't a rumor. RCI announced it several weeks ago. It is called the Genesis Project and the ships are expected to carry about 5400 passengers. Check out RCI's website for the news release which provides more information. The name of the ship will probably not be Genesis of the Seas. Usually, when a new class of ship is planned, the project gets a name but when the ships are built the names that they are given are different. Eagle, Vantage and Ultra-Voyager etc. were the project names used for previous designs.

Archived