11:40 Flight out of Mia

Madchen13

You might or you might not. Depends on a variety of factors, some you will have no control over.

Your best bet is to follow the guidelines according to the the cruise company or your travel agent advises. If you don't and you dont' make your flight, not only do you forfeit the right to complain but nobody will empathize with you.

It depends on the ship. Coming of a smaller ship I would say you could. But I missed an 11:40 flight out of MIA last January coming off of Voyager which is one of the biggest ships out there. One thing that would help is if you are able to carry all your own bags off the ship, that way you can be first off the ship.

Most cruise lines recommend flights after noon at least (and I usually recommend after 1 pm). No sense in stressing about things that are not under your control, like ship arrival time, customs clearance, lines at immigration, security at the airport, etc. Is the 11:40 am the only flight you can take?

Regards,

Enrique

I don't know if all cruise lines do this, as I have only sailed on Carnival. Anyhow,they have a policy that anyone who can carry/wheel all their own luggage off the ship may disembark with all their stuff before anyone else does. This started at about 7:30AM, and was perfect for folks like you who have early flights. Next best answer would be to get in touch with the purser early in the week and let them know that you have to be at the airport early. They can probably give you different tags that will put in in with the first groups off the ship (after the self-service crowd, usually the folks going on tours). If you can get through customs without any problems and snag a taxi easily then you will be at the airport about 20 minutes after you leave the terminal (I wish you good traffic flow--LOL!).

Hope that helps a bit.

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Carnival Valor~December 2005

Archived