What do people think of black or white jeans?

b8tzm

What do people think of black or white jeans? Isn't that a compromise of sorts? Thanks

If you are a man....just be sure to wear underwear if you ARE going to wear WHITE jeans in the dining room!!!!

Looks better that way!!! ;)

What I think is this is the second jeans thread that you have started in a week. Your last one ended up being deleted. I also see in your post history that you have started numerous jeans threads including one titled "why do so many people start formal night and other jeans threads".

What I think is this is the second jeans thread that you have started in a week. Your last one ended up being deleted. I also see in your post history that you have started numerous jeans threads including one titled "why do so many people start formal night and other jeans threads".

Thanks CCJ for the heads up as to where this thread and the OP need to go.

Where is "Buckets O' Beer 4 John" when we need him???

"PULL" TWANG !!!!

PS: I do need to add ...this actually happened. (I am not making this up.) A company put on a retirement party for a lady. The invitations clearly said "Black Tie". It was held at a very swanky reception hall. They spent tens of thousands of dollars for a sit down dinner. (complete with 2 bands) The men are there in their tuxs. Myself and other ladies are all decked out. And guess what....two of the women (sorry I can't call them ladies) walked in with white jeans and some attempt at a "fancy halter top" 50 year old mid-drifts exposed and heels. They looked like "whores R us". And hubby said "Geez, they would have fit in well on the Pride last week on Formal Night!" (In reference to the old geezer that wore his jeans to Formal Night with his considerable hairy belly hanging out between his jeans and tshirt.) If it wasn't so sad, it would have been funny...because these women (who make 6 figure incomes) didn't know any better.

The last one got moved to the fashion area I think. I am going on another cruise soon and not sure if I should try the jeans in the dining room. I like them but have avoided wearing them on previous cruises.

Since it is not really explicitly not allowable like the no short/t shirt thing I may try. Jeans are slacks so why not?

Jeans are slacks so why not?

You sure are baiting them aren't you? Is that where the screen name comes from? ;)

Any just my own opinion - DO NOT wear white jeans! White slacks are one thing (for women), but white jeans are a little 1987. Mine as well break out the blue eye shadow, hair crimper, and tight roll those white jeans for the full effect! :cool:

You sure are baiting them aren't you? Is that where the screen name comes from? ;)

Any just my own opinion - DO NOT wear white jeans! White slacks are one thing (for women), but white jeans are a little 1987. Mine as well break out the blue eye shadow, hair crimper, and tight roll those white jeans for the full effect! :cool:

OMG, harsh. Actually, i was going to respond to this thread about an hour ago with basically the same answer as you.......To the OP, i would definitely do without the colored jeans, any color for that matter......Happy Cruising!

The last one got moved to the fashion area I think. I am going on another cruise soon and not sure if I should try the jeans in the dining room. I like them but have avoided wearing them on previous cruises.

Since it is not really explicitly not allowable like the no short/t shirt thing I may try. Jeans are slacks so why not?

Oh now that is hilarious!! Do you think that all of us are idiots?? (Wait, don't answer that :p) Seriously, you start a thread like this ALL THE TIME!!!! And they are generally pulled (believe me, I know... I pay attention ;) )... so just admit it... you get bored and like to get people riled up. Anyone that has read your posts in the past, knows what you are doing here... give up the game baits :p :eek:

yeppers. a master baiter.

OMG, harsh. Actually, i was going to respond to this thread about an hour ago with basically the same answer as you.......To the OP, i would definitely do without the colored jeans, any color for that matter......Happy Cruising!

It wasn't meant to be harsh. More sarcastic than anything.

I honestly don't think the OP cares what our stance is on the jeans issue and will probably wear what they want regardless. If they really cared about the jeans issue they would have taken the advise they read in one of the other jeans thread they posted to or started. ;)

Master baiter! I love it!!! :D

It wasn't meant to be harsh. More sarcastic than anything.

I honestly don't think the OP cares what our stance is on the jeans issue and will probably wear what they want regardless. If they really cared about the jeans issue they would have taken the advise they read in one of the other jeans thread they posted to or started. ;)

Master baiter! I love it!!! :D

LOL, yeah... like one of these perhaps??? And that doesn't count the ones deleted, LOL!! Master baiter fits the bill :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=5655084#post5655084

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=5643999#post5643999

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=6008382#post6008382

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=5861720#post5861720

What do people think of black or white jeans? Isn't that a compromise of sorts? Thanks

My only comment is...

WHAT do YOU think?! Who cares what anyone else thinks...Life is too damn short for that!

Cheers!

pst...I have white JEAN capris that I will be wearing a lot!

Master baiter...get a new screen name at least...sheesh

not commenting on the jeans, not biting

Appears you already did and read the rules about abuse/name calling. You didn't have to read and/or respond.

I have no idea why these nasty threads keep getting moved over to the fashion board. The question is a valid one, the responses just get so negative. For those who don't like the question asked, yet again, don't click on the thread, you don't have to read it and respond.

To the OP, if you want a question answered about clothing, makeup, hair, shoes, just ask here on the fashion board. There's no need to rile up the specific boards. We are nicer about answering your questions, with no flaming or name calling.

It's not a big deal, new people come onto CC all the time and are not aware of the answers, nor are they always aware of the search function. It would be nice if ya'll could be more civil to each other.

As far as jeans go in the dining room, it's up to you if that's the way you want to look in an elegant setting. I think the mainstream lines are throwing in the towel on this subject.

It' s fascinating that people are responding to your question as if you were asking about wearing them in a dining room on a cruise ship.

Your post didn't mention ship, dinner, ship, formal night at all. Interesting how people make ass-umptions about what you're asking.

Or did I miss something in your post?

So to answer the question being asked....

Yes, I like black jeans and I like white jeans as long as they look well on the wearer.

Are they a compromise of sorts? A compromise of what?

Kathy - the OP really is not serious. This person has been around here quite frequently and always asks the exact same types of questions surrounding jeans. If you read the OP's screen name you will also see they have a nature to try to rile everyone up on the boards. The reason they keep getting bumped back the fashion board is because the OP habitually addresses the Jeans issue, but posts it on other threads to get new reactions. We're not biting and neither should you. As someone else has posted the OP's other posts you will see the pattern.

You are right, the fashion board is usually frequented by very nice, informative people so that's why he/she does not post here because they don't get the results they are looking for - BICKERING!

joelmarj, I absolutely did take that into account. Just reading the screen name gave me the largest clue ever. But, since these threads are being moved over here, I think it is important to squelch them with kindness. If an agitator doesn't make you angry and you respond nicely to them, it takes all the fun out of it for them.

I just started another thread, protesting the moving of these nasty threads to the fashion board.

I always crack up when I read on other boards that we are snobbish, fashionistas, only wear the most expensive clothes that no one else can afford. When, in reality, the fashion board is mostly made up of very regular people, many of us bargain shoppers!

Archived