QM2 room service

deck chair

Hi:

I have sailed numerous times on QE2 in caronia grade cabins with an extensive room service menu including hot items for breakfast such as omelets.etc. Have not yet sailed on QM2. Is a hot breakfast from room service available in B category cabins or is limited? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

PAtrick

My wife ordered tea one afternoon in the cabin, but I do not remember what is listed on the breakfast menu. This topic was discussed about a year ago and someone even posted an image of the menu from their cabin TV, that listed all the details of in-cabin dining.

Paul

We did not do it, but there is a pretty full range of hot breakfast items.

And as an alternative, if you want, You can run up or down to King's Court and bring your trays back to the room! Marc liked to go for early morning walks while I was doing all of my "preparations for the day" He would often bring a tray back from King's Court for me.

Karie,

who appreciates what my sweetie does for me (And sometimes I will give him a BIG tip! <G>)

My wife ordered tea one afternoon in the cabin, but I do not remember what is listed on the breakfast menu. This topic was discussed about a year ago and someone even posted an image of the menu from their cabin TV, that listed all the details of in-cabin dining.

Paul

We ordered room service EVERY morning! We didn’t on our QE2 transatlantic crossing, because we had an interior room. On the QM2 Caribbean cruise we had a balcony on the 11th deck. Also, we prefer a light continental breakfast rather than the temptation of waffles, etc. We eventually tried every item on the breakfast menu. The full breakfast plate is English bacon (just like Canadian bacon), sausage patties, hash brown cakes (like Arby’s), scrambled eggs, and there were pork and beans on the plate! Evidently the Brits like them in the morning! You can have wheat or white toast with or without butter. Other items on the menu: Danish pastries and blueberry muffins, fresh fruit, cereal (including raisin bran), skim or regular milk, cranberry juice and orange juice.

The first morning we had asked for coffee for two. He said that he wasn’t sure if we just wanted two cups, but he brought two carafes and each one had about four cups. He said that if we preferred just one carafe, we could just ask for coffee for one, and we’d receive two cups. The coffee stayed hot for a couple of hours. Everything was correct and delivered 10-15 minutes after our requested time! He apologized profusely and said that the first morning at sea is really busy for room service. I asked about the tip, and he said that it was included! On all of the remaining mornings, it was delivered right on time or a few minutes early.

We were amazed every day that all the food was the proper temperature. Everything was good!

If you fill out the card for your breakfast order, and put it on the knob outside of the room, you can tell them how you would like the eggs prepared. If you submit a breakfast order on the QM2’s internet site, you’re not given a choice of egg preparation, so they’ll always be scrambled.

Here's a link to photos someone took of the complete room service breakfast menu: http://www.magwa.co.uk/qm2/qm2tvbreakfast.htm

My cabin-mate ordered room service almost every day for breakfast. The tip was not included in our Brittania-class, in-hull balcony room. You had to sign for the breakfast, and there was a spot where you could add a tip.

I didn't personally care for room service breakfast, because I prefer a smaller meal of bread, cheese, and fruit. I preferred to go to King's Court over room service or Brittania for breakfast.

It was good for sharing though, and it was quite good for not having to leave the cabin to get ready in the morning. My cabin mate had a three-year-old to get ready.

Archived