Europe-are pedal pushers OK?

mjbelen

I am sailing to the Med in late May-early June. I know shorts are not acceptable to wear while day touring, so I purchased a pair of pedal pushers. They come about 6-8 inches below my knee. Is it ok to wear them with a short sleeved tee or blouse while in port and enter a religious site?

Joan

I saw several women wearing capris in Florence and Rome entering the cathedrals. You have to have your knees and shoulders covered. I read that sandals are not allowed but did not find that to be true since I wore them exclusively and was able to enter cathedrals/mosques in Monte Carlo, Florence, Pisa, Amalfi, Barcelona, Rome, and Kusadasi. I usually wore a long skirt to tour the cathedrals. I only saw one person (a woman in shorts) turned away in Florence. I saw them allow women in shorts to enter in Monte Carlo, Amalfi, and Kusadasi, but I wouldn't recommend wearing shorts in case different people are watching the doors.

I saw several women wearing capris in Florence and Rome entering the cathedrals. You have to have your knees and shoulders covered. I read that sandals are not allowed but did not find that to be true since I wore them exclusively and was able to enter cathedrals/mosques in Monte Carlo, Florence, Pisa, Amalfi, Barcelona, Rome, and Kusadasi. I usually wore a long skirt to tour the cathedrals. I only saw one person (a woman in shorts) turned away in Florence. I saw them allow women in shorts to enter in Monte Carlo, Amalfi, and Kusadasi, but I wouldn't recommend wearing shorts in case different people are watching the doors.

Capris are fine and, worn with a cap sleeve T, will get you into cathedrals and religious sites in Italy (stricter than France and Greece, IME).

I have never heard about sandals and believe this to be false. I wear nice leather sandals and slides when walking and touring in Europe and often opt for a linen or cotton skirt (mid calf length) as I find them light and comfy and also feminine.

Archived