Mercury norovirus thoughts

luvthis

To all of you that continue to struggle with the reality of the norovirus striking the Mercury, please read my thoughts under the thread "Quietly Reading...Now Speaking Out".

The more I think about this whole situation the more saddened I become. We, as Americans, tend to attack viciously when things don't go as expected. Our first thought seems to be to blame the other guy, ya know? I understand that a lot of innocent passengers had a disappointing vacation. I understand that bleach is a caustic substance. I understand that people paid for Celebrity Class service and got less. What I refuse to accept is the people get so rude and inconsiderate with demands that far exceed what's realistic. Noro arrived on the Mercury. Celebrity is trying to end the virus. I believe people and their refusal to take the time and wash, justifying it with "they'll do it next time" or "let the next guy use his time to stay sanitized" are the starting point of this mess. All of us, at some point, push common sense aside rather than take the time to use our common sense. This outbreak of the norovirus should be an eye opener for all cruisers on all cruise lines to learn and take the time necessary to help assure future cruises not have to deal with this sickness.

I am saddened for Celebrity, I'm saddend for the innocent passengers that were disappointed over the inconveniences, and I am saddened for all of us still waiting to take our upcoming cruise on the Mercury.

Final word...I'm gonna look in the mirror and I hope each of you will look in the mirror, too. We need to treat each other like we would would want to be treated. Casting blame everywhere else and demanding things to be "fixed" is not very rational nor kind to anyone...not each other or Celebrity staff and management. Full circle...let's roll forward and accept that all of us are to blame in one way or another.

Very sad...but there's always tomorrow. The sun does shine after a rainy day. We need to see the sun and not dwell on the rain.

--Jean & Bob from Racine, WI

A note to all.

Please stick to the topic. There's no need to get involved in a discussion of the motivations of specific individuals or to engage in any forms of personal commentary about fellow Cruise Critic members.

A recent thread on this topic had to be closed because it devolved into nothing more than a bunch of personal assertions and drifted completely away from the subject of outbreaks on the Mercury and Celebrity's handling of the issue(s) those outbreaks caused.

Again, please stay on topic.

I believe people and their refusal to take the time and wash, justifying it with "they'll do it next time" or "let the next guy use his time to stay sanitized" are the starting point of this mess.

As I have learned, this virus can also be transmitted through spray. So if someone were to vomit one can inadvertendly inhale airborne spray from the vomit.

So those who have the virus are quarrantined so they don't spread it that way too.

Archived