Birthday at sea....any suggestions?

newcruiserx2

Hello everyone. My husband and I are going on my first (3 day pacific coastal on Zaandam) cruise in 3 weeks. My husband will be celebrating his birthday on this cruise. Is there anything special I can do for him, or have arranged? Any idea's? Thanks :)

Let your waiter know about the birthday a day or so ahead of time and they will have a birthday cake brought in at the end of the meal and they will gather a few of the other waitstaff to sing 'happy birthday' to him!

I think that if you check the HAL website or call HAL...they might have a 'birthday' package that offers more than this (for a small fee).

Happy sailing! The Zaandam is a lovely ship...we sailed with her on our first Alaska cruisetour!

My husband will be celebrating his birthday on this cruise. Is there anything special I can do for him, or have arranged? Any idea's? Thanks :)

1. Have a champagne breakfast delivered to your cabin.

2. Surprise him by wearing some sexy new lingerie.

2. Ask your waiter to put a candle in the dessert one night, but tell him you don't want a handful of them singing to him in the dining room. (unless he likes that sort of thing)

When the wait staff gathers to sing happy b-day, I can't wait for it to be over. Whether it's at our table or the one 2 tables down. It must be horribly embarrasing for them as well as the person being sung to. When a restaurant knows it's my b-day, I ask politely that they do not sing, I have been thanked more than once.

I'd go for something a little more intimate, share it just with him. The Champagne sounds nice, or treat him to a relaxing massage at the spa.

However, if you're travelling with a large group, all bets are off and you're gonna have to listen to the stupid song.

Thanks for the replies. My travel agent also sent me this link:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/onboard/gifts.do (she sent this after I posted my question here), and HAL does have a few things I can purchase if I want, as I discovered.

Neither one of us likes champagne, but maybe some wine (for me) and a nice cold beer for him :D .

"Surprise him by wearing some sexy new lingerie" I think he would like this idea the best, now that I think about it.

When my son turned 17 on our cruise my wife asked a college sorority group to come by and sing happy birthday to him. Definitely better than the waiters! Besides, it is a parents job to embarrass their kid every now and then.

Archived