Rain in the Caribbean???

swissmiss

I was away last week and the previous week the weather forecast had been for rain the entire time. We didn't see one drop. Perfect, sunny weather for a full week. In my experience, storms in the Caribbean tend to last for 5-10 minutes and then go away.

I agree. Unless there is some huge storm system (hurricane or something) the rain will blow through quickly. I've been on 13 cruises, all different times of the year and all different forcasts and I think I've only had one rainshower on board and one thunderstorm one evening. Storm systems travel quickly so I do not think there will be anything drastic enough to ruin your trip! Have fun, and don't stress on it.

It is unusual for this time of year but strange weather things do happen. We went to St. Lucia for our honeymoon in May 2004 (May is usually one of the nicest times to go) and it rained ALL week. We still had a great time but it would have been nice to come home with a tan!!

Good luck!

Tropical climates like the Caribbean stay so lush, green, and beautiful because of all the rain. On each island I've visited, there's been a few minutes (very few) of a light rainshower, and then it's gone.

You might want to take one of those little fold-up rain ponchos in your pocket, purse, or tote bag. Dollar stores have them for $1.:)

We live in Caribbean and that is the weather forcast every day. Do not worry. The showers are infrequent and usually only on one part of an Island. They seldom last long. However occasssionally it does rain all day, although in the past five months that has only happened once!.:D

B.

We lived in Jamaica for 4 1/2 years. May and October were supposed to be the "rainy" months, but we seldom saw it in May. October was wet with hurricane season, but even then it would pour after lunch and when I got home at night we were watering the lawn! Rain, if it comes will not spoil you trip

Archived