car seat in shore excursion transportation

manhattan mom

hi -

my family is cruising on the norwegian spirit on april 30th out of nyc and am wondering if anyone knows if there are seat belts on the buses and/or vans which transport people to/from destinations for shore excursions.

specifically, we are contemplating the cocoa beach shuttle (at port canaveral stop) and the ardastra zoo (in nassau).

i ask b/c my son is only 3 and we plan on bringing a booster seat, but i need a seat belt in which to strap it for it to work.

thanks

manhattan mom

I, personally, have never seen any vehicles on any island that had any type safety features. Obviously, they aren't as aware as we Americans are of the safety issues. OR, it could be because they don't have super highways like we do...?:D

We did take some of out own shore excursions in Mexico by taxi and they did have seatbelts but they were kind of stuck in the back of the seats. I have never seen seatbelts on tour buses. They don't even have seatbelts on our school bus that carry children everyday and that isn't considered a third world country. I think you could contact the local taxi company or the local tourist site for the best idea regarding the seatbelts in cabs. These countries just don't have the laws like we do either. And, they drive like nuts all over the Caribbean not just Mexico.

I have never seen seatbelts on tour buses. They don't even have seatbelts on our school bus that carry children everyday .......

Canadian school busses don't have seat belts? You're kidding!:eek:

Archived