Nassau adventure....need help????

elmerfudd

I am going to be in Nassau May 13. I will have my wife and 3 girls, 2 are 15 and 1 is 11, my parents in their mid 60's but my mom has some mobility issues. We all would like to do something together at a beach. The kids want to snorkel and the wife and mom wants to sit on the beach and my dad just wants to drink. I want everyone to have a good time and the basis of the trip is for my mom who is sick. Can anyone help with which excursion to take. I've been thinking of the Yellowbird Party Boat since you can rent snorkel gear there but am also wondering if Stuart Cove's wouldn't be more impressive for the kids. Only thing is Stuart Cove's isn't good for my mom. Or maybe even there is another that would suit my needs better. Can someone please give me some advice......

I am going to be in Nassau May 13. I will have my wife and 3 girls, 2 are 15 and 1 is 11, my parents in their mid 60's but my mom has some mobility issues. We all would like to do something together at a beach. The kids want to snorkel and the wife and mom wants to sit on the beach and my dad just wants to drink. I want everyone to have a good time and the basis of the trip is for my mom who is sick. Can anyone help with which excursion to take. I've been thinking of the Yellowbird Party Boat since you can rent snorkel gear there but am also wondering if Stuart Cove's wouldn't be more impressive for the kids. Only thing is Stuart Cove's isn't good for my mom. Or maybe even there is another that would suit my needs better. Can someone please give me some advice......

Scubagirrl...can you please give me some advice on where to go????

Scubagirrl...can you please give me some advice on where to go????

The problem is.. having a drink doesn't go with snorkeling.. so that leaves out basic snorkeling tours. The beach doesn't have snorkeling, so that leaves out hanging at the beach..

Stuart Coves would not be a good fit for someone with mobility difficulty.

Yellowbird to Pearl Island would be my choice. You're wife and mom could hang out, dad could hit the daiquari bar and the kids could rent snorkeling gear and check out the reef. (if they have kids masks- bring them.. these masks are ill-fitting).

It's a tiny little island. But it's lots of fun.. and there's even stingrays to watch.

Can't think of anywhere else you can all get what you want.

• 2 weeks later...

scubagirrl...thank you so much for the recommendation. This is my third time to the Bahamas in 3 years and I have, believe it or not, never been snorkeling or on a beach there. Always so many other things to do. I think we will try the YellowBird. I think it will make for a nice fun packed day.

Yellowbird...shopping and Atlantis in the evening. Mom and Dad are really excited and I can't wait to get the kids out there snorkelling.

Thanks again.

Archived