Wellwishers....No More

oooohDonna

I was going to use Wellwishers to have Coronas delivered to my sweetie for our honeymoon in our cabin until I read these posts!! I called right away to Just Because of You (800.882.9707) and they took my order for our Valor cruise 5/14 w/limes no less at $2.65 a bottle!! We're not heavy drinkers but we were so looking forward to relaxing our splurge of a balcony with a cold one.:D

You're also not paying $800 for a seat, double occupancy.

If I ever spent 7 nights at a Red Sox/Patriots game it would cost me over $800 a seat, double occupancy. On top of that it's going to cost me 6.50-8 per 12oz beer, and wouldn't include my food, 24 hours of activity per day, or a bed to sleep in. :cool:

If there are, I don't associate with them:cool: Never said we don't buy from the bars (by the way our tab on the LIberty in March was $850.00) We are just saying nothing wrong with trying to cut a few of your costs by bringing your own drinks. People clip coupons, look for sales etc. Nothing wrong with that. By the way, if there is anyone out there that has gone to great lengths not to buy booze and got it all for free. Let me know how your did this:confused: Thanks!

Hey, I'm all over clipping coupons... the grocery stores allow that. Apples and oranges in this case. Nothing wrong with trying to find a bargain, which is why there are happy hours, specials, etc.

As for people that go to great lengths not to spend any money on drinks... there has been at least one example on this very thread. Sounds like you just drink all the free drinks on the ship and pack the rest.

If I ever spent 7 nights at a Red Sox/Patriots game it would cost me over $800 a seat, double occupancy. On top of that it's going to cost me 6.50-8 per 12oz beer, and wouldn't include my food, 24 hours of activity per day, or a bed to sleep in. :cool:

One of the reasons I don't have baseball season tickets. Those 12 day homestands can get pricey. :eek:

Hey, I'm all over clipping coupons... the grocery stores allow that. Apples and oranges in this case. Nothing wrong with trying to find a bargain, which is why there are happy hours, specials, etc.

As for people that go to great lengths not to spend any money on drinks... there has been at least one example on this very thread. Sounds like you just drink all the free drinks on the ship and pack the rest.

I think we are getting way off track here. I think the thread was about well wishers. I was just agreeing with Gypsyrose's post. No one ever said bringing on booze was allowed. (and we don't go to great lengths.( just pop it in your checked luggage) And if you are asumming that I get free drinks on the ship........... Well, with a bar tab of over $800 you do the math:cool:

If you are looking for an argument........I aint givin

I think we are getting way off track here. I think the thread was about well wishers. I was just agreeing with Gypsyrose's post. No one ever said bringing on booze was allowed. (and we don't go to great lengths.( just pop it in your checked luggage) And if you are asumming that I get free drinks on the ship........... Well, with a bar tab of over $800 you do the math:cool:

If you are looking for an argument........I aint givin

Looks like you are the one looking for the argument... and assuming I was referring to you, when it is obvious to anyone that has followed the thread, who I was referring to. So don't get so defensive... you asked who could do that, I was pointing out there was at least one member on this thread that could tell you. But you do need to give me some tricks on how to keep the tab so low :p :D *I was kidding, don't give me tips, LOL*

Party on Wayne :D

Sorry, Goin cruisen:) I think you were referring to GSB about drinking for free:D I think he is 1 in a million. probabley don't drink as much as us:D

Not free, just reasonable, at home prices:) You're right, I'm 1 in a million, I drink all I want.

Wellwishers is a wonderful company. I've used their services for over 10 years. I hope people remember them for non-alcohol items...flowers, gift baskets, etc. They will literally deliver ANYTHING (except illegal items and alcohol/beer to Carnival ships).

One of the reasons I don't have baseball season tickets. Those 12 day homestands can get pricey. :eek:

Same here, but then again I don't look to save $ by sneaking booze on my cruise. :) I just budget accordingly. I go to a few games of each a year, and only drink a much on board as I deem fit.

..to each their own though I guess. I people feel they have an ungiven "right" to bring booze on let them. On my next cruise I may feel it is my "right" to run down the hall at night banging on other guests' cabin doors at 3am, walking to the front on the line when debarking at port, saving 12 chairs at 6am on the pool deck (and yes I still get up this early on vacation), and who knows maybe even light up a cigarette in the dining hall (OK fine I could never do this one but...). :p

OK so I guess I am just completely against people who think they have "rights" that others on vacation aren't entitiled to, or wouldn't want to be entitled to if it were allowed.

Bummer. I guess that just leads to more smuggling. I'm not interested in paying $100 for a case of beer. I either won't drink or bring my own. I'm really wishing I just booked an all inclusive. I didn't quite realize just how nickle and dimed you are on cruises. :(

My friend just called them to have a case of beer delivered for our cruise on Conquest, Sunday April 23. Wellwishers told her Carnival sent them a letter stating they will no longer accept liquor/beer deliveries from them as it takes away from their (Carnival) revenue. So, they will NOT do it for her.

Don't forget folks, Conquest sails from Galveston and I read that there are very strict liquor laws there. I read that the bars can't even serve alcohol (on board) at some times until the ship is in International waters. So if you are sailing from another port there may not be a problem.

I just don't understand why people think the drink prices are SOOOOO high on the ship.... do you people get out at all???? :confused: The beer is really not that expensive on the ship... Believe me, after the prices I paid last week for beer, I was longing for Carnival's prices :D

These people should have a night out on the town in South Beach. They would flip the f out!

$30 to park your car

$20 to get into the bar/club

$15 for a long Ice Tea

$8 for a beer

^^^^ tips are not included

I feel like I am in Mexico when I drink on a Carnival ship when compared to bars and restaurants in Miami.:D

Archived