Galveston to Rome on the Galaxy 5/6/06

We will be on the transatlantic trip on the Galaxy on May 6 arriving in Rome on May 22. Any suggestions for transport from the port to Rome?

Also need hotel for three nights and in need of suggestions for nice hotels in Rome.

Thanks for any help.

Deb

Several years ago I spent a week in Rome at the Starhope Metropole. It's not fancy (3*), but it's nice & clean, staff are very nice & it's relatively inexpensive (for Rome). Rooms are small though. I also recommend that you do some research on the Jolly (that's a chain name) hotels. I stayed in one in Genoa & it was extremely nice. Matter of fact, it was nicer than some InterContinental hotels that I've stayed at. Don't have any idea about the cost for the Jolly chain as mine was included in the cost of my cruise.

We will be on the transatlantic trip on the Galaxy on May 6 arriving in Rome on May 22. Any suggestions for transport from the port to Rome?

Also need hotel for three nights and in need of suggestions for nice hotels in Rome.

Thanks for any help.

Deb

I am sure you will get a lot of replies for this post so I shall start. First go back on the board and check out some of th threads re getting into Rome from the port for names of private drivers,and I will inclued some links as well.You can also take the train,but it is a long walk fromthe port to the train station,and of course you could get a cab.I think the private is just about the same so IMHO I would do that.

As for hotels you don't say what your price/budget is,but there are soooo many hotels in Rome.I will put 2 links for hotels that you can check out and I would check Venere first as it brings up a map location of the hotels and goes by price.Enjoy your cruise and stay in Rome.

Rome Taxi Shuttle Limousine, first class car service in Rome

ABOUT US

Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvi

Hotel reservations - Venere.com

Thanks. Our price point would be not to exceed $700 for the 3 nights.

Appreciate the suggestions.

I usually do not rec hotels as it is so subjective,but we stayed here last fall,and since we walk all over we found it to be very good location,and it was a nice price.The rooms are small as well as the bathrooms as it was used for priests way back when,but it was clean,and the people there very nice. Also the entrance is on a very and I mean very small street(an alley to us),but it faces a very main street,and it right near the L'Argetine so you could use it as a ref point if you got lost.The other hotles we have stayed in were quite a bit more so this should fit your budget very nicely.BTW,great eating at P.Navone as well as by the Panethon.

Venere Net - Hotel Hosianum Palace Roma Rome

Archived