Tampa Marriott-which one (Cracker Ken??)

starketcher

I have some Marriott points to use the night prior to the cruise. We will be getting into Tampa quite late (midnight). I've searched for airport shuttles and these are my choices (none that have airport shuttles, have port shuttles). So I am looking for one close or closer to the port & one close by sometype Walmart or grocery.

Tampa Marriott Westshore

Courtyard Westshore

Courtyard Clearwater

Springhill suites Westshore

ANy help woold be greatly appreciated!

No on Clearwater. Courtyard Westshore is closest to shopping on Dale Mabry. Marriott and Springhill are closest to Westshore Mall, which probably doesn't have the kind of shopping you are looking for.

Marriott Waterside is closest to port, but probably no shuttle, costs more points, and not close to shopping.

Why not Clearwater/St Pete?

We are leaning toward the Airport Marriott, 20,000 points & a shuttle til 1 am...our flight gets in at 12:35. But we thought maybe just take the big hit on the taxi the night we get in, then a short ride to the port.

:p You are right, we do want to get settled in quickly. Maps wise (& I may be reading it wrong) seemed like Clearwater was close to the port, just across the bridge. I "think" we are going to stay at the downtown Courtyard since other hotels invoked the "Stay anytime rewards" which = more points. SInce we are getting in so late, the shuttle is mute anyway. We can stay at the Courtyard downtown for 10,000 points as opposed to 20,000 at others.

I guess I just awant it all...a free room, shuttle from the airport, to the port and return to the airport:D Reckon why no hotel offers that!!:p

Good call. A 10 hour stay is only worth 10,000 points. Don't want to comment on your map reading skills, but stop by AAA for some pointers :)

Clearwater is west of the airport. Downtown and port are east.

You didn't mention the Renaissance just off the mall in Tampa... We had a very nice stay there last month. It's very close to the airport, they do have an airport shuttle. We got on the airport shuttle and the driver offered us a bottle of water that he had in a cooler next to his seat. Great service! It was a very nice, clean hotel.

If they have rooms available for points, I would definitely recommend staying there.

We booked the Courtyard Downtown, just 10000 points. I would've looked at Waterside or the Ren, but are flight does not get in until 1 am, so we just needed a place to crash. Most of Marriott's shuttles cut of at midnight or 1 am, so we would've had to take a cab anyway. The Downtown CY does shuttle to the port in the morning though.

I must be totally confused about Clearwater though.... A few years ago we got to the port too early as they were disembarking previous passengers, so we crossed the bridge and spent a couple hours on the beach. I thought I was in CLearwater!!!! Where was I???:p

I was just there yesterday....you had to have been in Clearwater. I drove all around that area and Clearwater isn't that far away. I did stay at the Renaissance.....WONDERFUL place and few steps from mall and several outdoor/indoor eateries and bars. Fabulous service and beautiful room.

Clearwater Beach is right on the Gulf of Mexico, at least 20 miles from the Port of Tampa. You cross either the Courtney Campbell Causeway, the Frankland Causeway or the Gandy Bridge, over about 7 miles of Tampa Bay. No it's not that far, but once you are across the Bay you are on local streets.

Archived