Taxes and fees

If the 3rd and 4th passengers cost less, why are their taxes and fees the same as first and second passengers?:confused:

The taxes and fees are not basen on price......they are based on "heads".....even if the cruise is free you still have to pay taxes and fees.

I think Seahorse has answered this one pretty well; the government taxes are set per person depending on the cruise and has nothing to do with anything. As for the fees, those are port charges and again what the various ports charge each passenger. NMnita

When you take away the taxes and port fees, and really consider what NCL is getting paid for your fare, it's not a lot of money for all that is offered!

I love cruising!

Hikini:D

Yes, NCL is so kind and generous:rolleyes:

The point here is not about being kind, it's about the true cost of a cruise from the stand point of the cruise line. Take away the taxes and fees which the line makes nothing on and you can see how much you are really paying for room, board, transportaion from point a to b to c, etc, plus entertainment. NMnita

The point here is not about being kind, it's about the true cost of a cruise from the stand point of the cruise line. Take away the taxes and fees which the line makes nothing on and you can see how much you are really paying for room, board, transportaion from point a to b to c, etc, plus entertainment. NMnita

Yes, Nita, that is exactly my point as you stated. Cruising, especially when staying in a basic stateroom, is really a bargain.

And to reply to razberrirainbow - in our experiences, NCL truly IS kind and generous!

Hikini:D

they are based on how many heads there are...cost of what you pay or didn't pay per person for hte cruise has nothing to do with it....also when you get your final bill there will be a charge of $10.00 per day per person for tipping the steward, waiters and waitress etc......

they are based on how many heads there are...cost of what you pay or didn't pay per person for hte cruise has nothing to do with it....also when you get your final bill there will be a charge of $10.00 per day per person for tipping the steward, waiters and waitress etc......

It's only $5 for children 3-12 and nothing for under 3. Just thought I would clear that up a little.

It's only $5 for children 3-12 and nothing for under 3. Just thought I would clear that up a little.

I'm actually sorry to hear that. An infant can certainly require as much if not more work than an adult. Pak-n-Play, diaper removal, and all the regular "mess" you would expect with an infant. And the way that the staff fusses over and does special things for youngsters--my goodness, they well deserve every penny of the usual tip amount.

We would never tip less for an infant or toddler. (OTOH, we won't be travelling with one again until and if we become grandparents. Oh man, does that thought make me feel old.)

As always, JMHO.

beachchick

Archived