Can you transfer your booking to someone else?

yesitsfree

My DS has taken ill and her DR. has advised her not to cruise. She is in the hospital as I type this actually. She asked me today if she could transfer her booking from her name to her daughters if she wasn't going to be able to make it. Has anyone ever done this? Is there a fee? We are sailing on April 20th. AND NO we did not by trip insurance. Yep here was a good example of why we should have. Thanks!

I would imagine the policy might differ somewhat from cruiseline to cruiseline, so call your TA or the cruiseline directly (depending on how you booked).

This is from RCCL's website:

Can I make changes to a guest listed on my reservation?

Names may be changed up to 24 hours prior to sailing provided one of the original names remains on the booking.

Name changes will be subject to a $35 per guest fee if one of the following conditions exist:

con_bulletgray_ico.gifRequest is made less than 35 days prior to commencement of cruise vacation (inclusive of tours)con_bulletgray_ico.gifCruise Only documents have been issuedcon_bulletgray_ico.gifAir Arrangements have been assigned and documents have been issued. Travel agents or guests should contact the Custom Air Desk for resolution of any incremental air charges encountered as a result of the changecon_bulletgray_ico.gifPre/Post Hotel arrangements have been assigned to the booking

**Change fees are subject to change without notice.

Good luck - and I hope your DS is feeling better soon!

Yes you can. There will be a chage fee. I did this with Carnival Cruise. There was a $50.00 change fee. You will have to pick up the new doc at the port if there isnt time for them to be mailed . I would prefer to pick them up at the port with only 8 days left to departure. I would not want to chance them getting lost in the mail. Not sure about your airline ticket.

I finally got to talk to my TA. She told me the same info...for a $50 name change fee. Not for the airline it is going to cost my sister $113 for a name change fee IF she does it today. After today it goes up another $50. WOW! I guess becasue she got the airfare so cheap and now the prices are sky high. I haven't talked to her yet today to see what she has decided. If she gets out this weekend she may still go but she is leery of how she will be feeling. She was diagnosed with diverticullitis. (SPELL??) I guess she has a blockage and they are trying to get it to pass....so far this is day 4 and it has not. They said they would give it 7 days and if it hasn't passed they will do surgery. UHHHHHHH!!! So thngs aren't looking good for her. Her DD will take her cruise if she can't go but this was a SISTER trip for us. There are 3 sisters and a sister in law traveling together. Or there WAS till this happened. Well it is all in God's hands so we wait and see how it plays out. Thank you all for your answers.

Archived