E or W Carib - 6yr and 16mo kids

aoinmd

I was thinking of Western but realized that neither kid could do good excursions in Jamaica or Mexico. Is it reasonable to think I could cab to a beach from Eastern ports like St. Thomas, St. Martin so both kids could splash around?

For swimming temps, November 2006 or January 2007?

Also - for 16mo son - which ship is more toddler-friendly: Caribbean Princess or RC Navigator?

I was thinking of Western but realized that neither kid could do good excursions in Jamaica or Mexico.

You CAN do some fun excursions in Jamaica and Mexico, you just may need to book them privately, not through the ship. For example, many excursions have a minimum age for kids for snorkling excursions, where many of the private companies do not. We did a private Dunns River Falls and snorkling excursion with my son when he was 2-1/2 yrs old. WIt was great. I actually carried him up the falls, but he would have been just as happy playing at the beach at the bottom of the falls had I decided not to go up. The snorkling was fun, too. The 6-yr-old would probably have a blast, and you could just take turns while someone stays on the sailboat with the 16-mo-old. Bring a life preserver for the toddler, since the adult ones will be way too big, and then he could go in the water with you, too, if he was cooperative

In Cozumel, my 3-yr-old son and I will be doing a ship excursion, it was one of the only cool ones that little ones can be on. It includes snorkling, beach time, and a boat party back to the ship. I think that's something that your kids might enjoy.

Anyway, I'm not trying to talk you into or out of a Western Excursion, I just want to remind you to keep your options open. From what I have seen, kids seem to love snorkling-type excursions, even if only for the sailing. Anyway, your idea of just hitting a beach sounds like fun, too. My son always enjoys that!!!

Shellie

Archived