? about booking next cruise while onboard

What are the benefits to booking a future cruise while you are on board ? Do you get deeper discounts ? Do you have to put your deposits on your sign and sail ?? :confused:

P.S. - LEAVE FOR MARINER IN 25 days WOOHOOOOOOOOO

2nd cruise , 1st was Carnival

You will receive an on-board credit to use on that future cruise. The amount will depend on the length of the cruise and any special promotions that may be offered. You can put the deposit on any credit card, but it does not go on your sail and sign account.

You will receive an on-board credit to use on that future cruise. The amount will depend on the length of the cruise and any special promotions that may be offered. You can put the deposit on any credit card, but it does not go on your sail and sign account.

While it doesn't go on your sail and sign account, they can pull up the information on that credit card and use it for your deposit. It can be easier that way making it so you don't have to carry a credit card with you to the Loyalty Ambassador when making an onboard reservation.

I believe the onboard credits are $50 up to 5 night cruises, $100 5 to 11 night cruises and $200 for 11 night and longer cruises. don't quote me on that but it's in that neighborhood.

What are the benefits to booking a future cruise while you are on board ? Do you get deeper discounts ? Do you have to put your deposits on your sign and sail ?? :confused:

P.S. - LEAVE FOR MARINER IN 25 days WOOHOOOOOOOOO

2nd cruise , 1st was Carnival

You will love Mariner! I just got off last week and we had a blast. As far as booking onboard, I went to book and the woman (I believe her name was Lynn) was not willing to assist and found myself getting frustrated with her. She did confirm you receive a $100.00 onboard credit for booking and that was it. Deposit is $250.00 per person (not booking) and that is really all the information she is willing to share with you. I was ready to book the Navigator for a specific date and that is all the information she would offer... I forgot she did give me a form as well and said if I wanted to book it needed to filled out prior to the last night on the ship. Hope this information helps and have a great time on the Mariner! -Vicky

If you book while onbaord do you still get to adjust your price if it drops? If so I will start saving now to book my next cruise while we sail!!!

Yes, you still receive the credit if the price drops. You just have to make sure you check on a regular basis.

If you want to book onboard, be sure you make an appointment early because they fill up fast. Also be sure you're there at your appointment time because people who don't have appointments will show up and try to take it hoping you'll be a no-show.

It's a win/win situation if you plan on taking another cruise! You can always cancel up to till the penalty times, You can still use your T/A and you can change cruises/ships whatever as long as you make sure when you change they keep the original booking number! Also you really don't need to setup an appointment unless you have questions to ask the person! Just get the form from them, go to the RCCI website in the internet cafe, find the cruise you want, put down the cat. you want and hand them back the form! And remember you don't have to be be certain of when you are going to be able to cruise, just pick something that you thing might work, and then change it when you get a chance to really decide after the cruise!

We do it every cruise!

If you want to book onboard, be sure you make an appointment early because they fill up fast. Also be sure you're there at your appointment time because people who don't have appointments will show up and try to take it hoping you'll be a no-show.

We did that once. The guy made an appointment and showed up 30 minutes late. He was ticked but, he should have been on time. As it was we didn't take that long as I knew what I wanted. All that had to really be done was choose a cabin, pay the deposit and take care of the paperwork. He was in the seat a few minutes after he showed up and showed his back sides.

We did that once. The guy made an appointment and showed up 30 minutes late. He was ticked but, he should have been on time. As it was we didn't take that long as I knew what I wanted. All that had to really be done was choose a cabin, pay the deposit and take care of the paperwork. He was in the seat a few minutes after he showed up and showed his back sides.

Someone tried to do it to me. When I got to the C&A office, there was someone sitting at the desk, waiting for the Loyalty Ambassador. I sat down elsewhere. She showed up 10 minutes later, they went "we're your 1 o'clock appointment." She walked over and looked at the sign-up sheet and called my name. :)

Yes, you still receive the credit if the price drops. You just have to make sure you check on a regular basis.

questions - so if we book onboard, if the voyage we booked on had a price drop, we can still get a credit...... Is that means only the official price drop from the cruiseline, or it can cover all specials from web site / travel agency offers for the same sailing same vessel?

We encounter one incident (not with RCCL), we booked directly with the cruises, and then noted on one major airline's web site the price was much cheaper (basically they offer a outside cabin rate for a suite!), we called in to inquire, the cruiseline we booked refused to do anything about our booking....... hope it is not the case wiht RCL.

Also noted we can change departure date / vessels later on - will they post any penalty? (I don't mean last minute changes, I mean changes BEFORE the final payment deadline)

Thanks

Orient,

From what I have been told, other sites will offer price drops and you need to make sure you work with your travel planner from RCL or viable travel agent. Often times the price drop is for specific states and/or new bookings only. RCL will not be upset if you call and ask if the price drop is applicable to you and they are more than happy to save you money (because then you can spend it on the ship) if they can. Happy sailing!

And yes, you can change Ships, Dates, Cabins or just about anything else & still keep your onboard credit. Just be SURE when making any changes that you keep your ORIGINAL booking # in order to keep your onboard credit. The amount of your credit will change if you go from a short cruise to a longer cruise or vice versa.

We have a scheduled cruise on RCL on 10/7/06. We are considering booking an Alaska/2007 cruise this May when the dates come out. When I am on the ship (the Jewel) can they still give me an on-board credit for the new resv for Alaska? or do I have to wait til I get on the ship to make this resv to get the onboard credit? What procedure should I do? I am thinking we want a balcony and we should book asap when the dates come out. Need your expert advise.

Thanks.

Minybear: YOu MUST book on board the ship to get the credit for the future cruise. We have booked a cruise and then got on the ship and tried to cancel and rebook to get the creidt. The Loyalty Ambassador was more than hapy to check on it for us, but by that time the cruise we wanted to cancel/rebook had already gone up 400.00. Wasn't worth it to get the credit.

Hope that helps.

Minybear: YOu MUST book on board the ship to get the credit for the future cruise. We have booked a cruise and then got on the ship and tried to cancel and rebook to get the creidt. The Loyalty Ambassador was more than hapy to check on it for us, but by that time the cruise we wanted to cancel/rebook had already gone up 400.00. Wasn't worth it to get the credit.

Hope that helps.

Thank you Rose for your quick response.:) I will book the stay in May due to I know it will go up (way up) prior to October.

What if you book a 7 day and get the $100.00 credit and then changed your mind at a later date and want to go on a 12 day instead... when you change and keep the booking number does the credit increase to $200.00 because it is a longer sailing.

Emmy

What if you book a 7 day and get the $100.00 credit and then changed your mind at a later date and want to go on a 12 day instead... when you change and keep the booking number does the credit increase to $200.00 because it is a longer sailing.

Emmy

Good Morning... still wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question... if you book onboard for a 7 day cruise to get the $100.00 shipbaord credit and at a later date want to change it to 12 day or longer ..by keeping the same booking number does the onboard credit go up to $200.00 automatically....

I would like to book on board but am unsure of the exact cruise so will choose a 7 day sailing and then possibly make a switch to a longer cruise.

Emmy

Book it in reverse then-do the 12 day and lock in the 200 ship board credits and then if you do 7 see what happens. It is ship board credits not a reduction of price--is that true? HAve never booked on the ship yet...

Book it in reverse then-do the 12 day and lock in the 200 ship board credits and then if you do 7 see what happens. It is ship board credits not a reduction of price--is that true? HAve never booked on the ship yet...

I have never booked on the ship before but plan to do this when I sail on Freedom on June 4.. want to have all the info beforehand.. as of right now I have no dates or ship in mind.. of course there is not much out there as of now past late April 2007 so hoping by the time June 4 sailing comes something will be of interest.

I am waiting to book Hawaii for May 2007 and I am hoping to secure a great aft cabin (have one in mind) but if the pricing comes out within the next month I will not chance waiting til June to book..the cabin is more important than the shipboard credit.. so I am really wondering for a cruise past the May 2007

Good plan to book the 12 day except you tie up more deposit money...:(

Thanks for your thougths on this

Em

I've never made changes to the number of days I wanted to cruise; so I can't answer from personal experience.

I do believe the onboard ship credit will go up (or down) based upon the length of the cruise -- as long as you keep the same booking number and bring it to their attention.

I would call the RCCL sales office to be certain of their rules.

Good Luck !

I've never made changes to the number of days I wanted to cruise; so I can't answer from personal experience.

I do believe the onboard ship credit will go up (or down) based upon the length of the cruise -- as long as you keep the same booking number and bring it to their attention.

I would call the RCCL sales office to be certain of their rules.

Good Luck !

Thank you I will do that... we all know you call RCI 5 times you get 5 different answers:D... I find much of my reliable info comes from the Cruis Critic board...:p cause people relay their personal experiences here.. at least I can gather some info here..... thank you

Em

Archived