CruiseShippers

leeh

Has anyone used the new service called Cruiseshippers ?? They pick up your luggage at home and will deliver it ..using FedEx ..right to your ship. Also, will do a return delivery. Supposed to get away from the excess luggage problems with airlines etc. Sounds like a real winner...but wondering if it really works as great as it sounds ??

They had a counter set up on the Sapphire with a Fedex logo on the last day. Friends checked into it and it turned it would have cost more for the luggage to go home than what their airfare was LOL. This was to Canada though.

I just used them and it was wonderful. They picked up our luggage from our homes the week before we left on the Volendam for the Panama Canal cruise. They charged $1.35 a pound.

The best part was that our luggage was in our cabin when we got on the ship and I didn't have to mess with it. I recently had a hip replacement and am not supposed to lift anything heavy. As we were on a 17 day cruise, we had two heavy bags each.

They ship them Fed Ex and give you the tracking numbers so you can check it out.

We only shipped ours one way as we disembarked in Long Beach, CA which is close to where we live.

I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Barbara

We would be having luggage shipped from West Coast of BC to Florida...so would imagine it might be pretty pricey....I do tend to overpack ! But may be an idea for the return trip anyhow, as we always seem to end up with an extra duffel bag or two. Will have to load up and weigh one of our suitcases....love the idea of whipping through the check-in with no luggage to worry about !

Lee

Archived