Port Questions - Belize?

I Luv Crusin

Guest derry,nh

Belize is a tender port and cruise ships can't make it through the reefs along the coastline. We were recently there in March and large capacity high speed boats transfer you from ship to shore. There is also a 'large port village' inside security. Think about four separate buildings identified I think with various animals. including jewelry, clothes, souvenirs, not sure about restaurants. Also just outside to the left is an open air local vendor market selling everything except what I wanted - postcards. It was also in the mid 90's so does get very hot. Hope this helps.

The port in Belize is fenced with a high fence with all gates gaurded....We enjoyed the port shops, bars and music....It was a great day. We ventured out of the port area, where the locals tried to sell us numerous things....There was a small flea market area across the st. from the port....I bought a couple of little things....It is amazing how low the prices go when youwalk away...We attempted to go back in the port area and were blocked by 2 rather large Belizians....not agreesively but just stood in the path of the gate....the gate guard came out and removed them from blocking us....they left calmly....Our ID's were checked upon entering the gate. It was an experience....I am going to plan on the city tour and museum for our next cruise with the ships excursion. The city intrigues me.

Archived