Tahitian Princess aft cabins

npeters

I seem to recall reading on these posts that the aft balcony cabins (I think class BA) on the Tahitian Princess had a solid balcony wall that you couldn't see the view unless you were standing up. Is this true? What about the other regular balconies?

I seem to recall reading on these posts that the aft balcony cabins (I think class BA) on the Tahitian Princess had a solid balcony wall that you couldn't see the view unless you were standing up. Is this true? What about the other regular balconies?

By coincidence im booked onto a Noumea cruise ex Sydney cabin 7121 Aft on Pacific Princess.

I went into the city yesterday afternoon and on alighting from the train at Circular Quay there she was at the Overseas Passenger Terminal.

Excited by the fact that i had a aft balcony booked and i shared the same concern as you i promptly walked down and had a good inspection from the upper floors of the terminal.

The Mini Suites on level 8 had longer balconys fore and aft but the depth of the balcony looked the same as the balconys on deck 6 and 7.All decks have balcony rails except aft and forward cabins.

I had a great view of the aft cabins. 3 levels including suites.There is a solid bulkhead surround and then a timber rail on top.

The space on the balcony is greater in depth however only as wide as the balconys on deck 6 & 7.I measured visualy by the glass walled panels and glass sliding doors.All were uniform.

The side panel bulkheads of the aft cabins are steel.The panels of all of the other balconys are white glass.I assume they also open to ajoining cabins.

In summary whilst sitting on the balcony alround views would not be a problem.If however you were lying on a deck lounger.a view would be a problem however non of the cabin balconys had deck loungers.

Im now very pleased after my inspection that i have booked 7121.

I have some pics that may help.

tony3801@bigpond.net.au

Archived