Onboard check-in & luggage valet

ParrotHead4Life

In the new issue of the Captains Club newsletter, there's an article about a new service with American, Delta and United where you can check in and get your boarding passes/luggage tags for your return flight while still on board, and your luggage is then transferred from the dock directly to the airline. All for a nominal fee, depending on the port.

Has this been officially started yet? I'm curious to hear if people thought it was worth it. It might be something we consider next Jan. from Ft. Lauderdale, price depending.

I have used this in both FLL and San Diego. I liked the service and had good luck with it. I used it with Delta both times. Funny thing was in FLL it was $10, in SD it was $20. Guess things are higher in California.

I also used the Fedex on both coasts, shipping a 20 x 20 x12 box to Ga. FLL was $30, SD was $45, a little more distance from the left coast.

I was happy with both services and would use it again.

Our family also used this service when we disembarked in San Diego March 27. It was great! Not having to wait at the airport several hours to catch a 2:00 flight was wonderful. We got to do more exploring in San Diego sans baggage and loved it. The only glitch was that we were required to report to the ship's lounge at 6:30 a.m. and they left us waiting there until 8:00. Then straight off the ship. No problem. Our luggage was on the same flight we were even though we were delayed in Dallas overnight due to mechanical problems. I would definitely recommend the service!:)

Our family also used this service when we disembarked in San Diego March 27. It was great! Not having to wait at the airport several hours to catch a 2:00 flight was wonderful. We got to do more exploring in San Diego sans baggage and loved it. The only glitch was that we were required to report to the ship's lounge at 6:30 a.m. and they left us waiting there until 8:00. Then straight off the ship. No problem. Our luggage was on the same flight we were even though we were delayed in Dallas overnight due to mechanical problems. I would definitely recommend the service!:)

Well worth the $10 PP - Had the luggage tags and boarding passes Friday night. Got off at 8:30 in time to go back to a great restaurant for breakfast in SJU

We just got off the Millennium on April 9th in FLL and there was no mention of this service in the daily newsletter. But I was not going to use the service, as we had booked a post cruise excursion, and did not check at the Conceirge Desk to see if the service was offered on our cruise.

Ask at Guest Relations. They handle this. I am just off Mercury in SD and used the service. It is also written up in the Spring Captain's Club News that just came out so I think it's in pretty wide use. You have to have a flight that leaves between 11:30 am and 5:30 pm.

I've used this two or three times now and plan to keep using it. I like it.

Bill, I'm not sure I remember it being in the daily. They sent a letter around during the cruise.

Does anyone have a pointer to the service or know where it is in use? We are sailing out of San Pedro in LA and catching an American flight home on 7 May 06. It would be great if this was available.

They haven't been offering this at San Pedro - at least not in the two cruises we've had there in the past year.

I called X yesterday to ask about this and was told that the service is available in Vancouver but not Seattle yet. I was sure hoping it would be since that is where we leave the ship on our Mercury cruise in May. Our flight doesn't leave until 3 and having this service would have been wonderful. The lady with whom I spoke said that it might be in place at that time and to check back at that time. So, keeping fingers crossed because this sounds like a great way to go.

I called X yesterday to ask about this and was told that the service is available in Vancouver but not Seattle yet. I was sure hoping it would be since that is where we leave the ship on our Mercury cruise in May. Our flight doesn't leave until 3 and having this service would have been wonderful. The lady with whom I spoke said that it might be in place at that time and to check back at that time. So, keeping fingers crossed because this sounds like a great way to go.

I think Vancouver's program is a bit different because of Customs - similar but not quite the same

Archived