wine in the dining room

skyisthelimit

A friend of mine told me that when they cruised last year, they had the option to buy 4 bottles of wine for approx. 120.00, in which they could have brought to their table in the dining room during the cruise. Apparently, this included the corkage fee, and you could only purchase this at the beginning of the cruise, and not later as it would be more expensive. Can anyone tell me if this is indeed true?

Yup, sounds like a wine cruise. Although, I think I've only been charged a corkage fee once. The wine list is decent, not extensive, but you should be able to find a good selection, and if you buy the bottles from them, they aren't charging you a corkage fee anyway...

I know some other cruiselines offer a wine package that you can purchase up front. It can be a nice deal if you enjoy the wines on the list, but not a huge savings. For the life of me, I can't remember if they offered it on the Glory or not.

Each ship is different, and it varies over time and itinerary - but Carnival will often offer a wine package. Sometimes this is even offered at a table in the waiting area before you get on board. Other times, it's a table set-up in the Atrium when you get on board. However, as was mentioned, the pricing isn't at great a deal. Ordering a bottle, at dinner maybe preferable. If you do not finish it - they will re-cork and bring it out the following evening.

I've never seen a wine package offered on any of my cruises.

I buy a bottle every other night in the dining room (somewhere around $25), and usually drink half - the waiter has the other half chilled and waiting for me the next night.

The few occasions I've taken a bottle of wine to the dining room, I've not been charged the corkage fee.

With regards to bringing it in to the dinning room... Do you just chill it in the room and walk in with it at dinner? We found a good deal at Sam's for our favorite wine, so we are all set. Just looking for an "etiquette" guideline for getting it to the table.

With regards to bringing it in to the dinning room... Do you just chill it in the room and walk in with it at dinner? We found a good deal at Sam's for our favorite wine, so we are all set. Just looking for an "etiquette" guideline for getting it to the table.

I've just taken it by the dining room early, and they take care of it for me... I guess everyone has a different way of doing it. I drink reds, so no need to chill... but yes, I can imagine you could just chill it in your cabin and then take it with you.

We chill our whites in our cabin and bring our ice bucket to the dining room. Our room steward replaces the ice bucket.

We've never been charged the corkage fee in the dining room.

:D I can't imagine carrying an ice bucket into the dining room, but to each her/his own. I have taken a bottle to the dining room in the afternoon, and they put a note w/my table number on it, and the water brought it to my table all nicely chilled.

I know it sounds REALLY silly, but we always wait till the last minute to decide what wine to bring. We read the menu on the stateroom TV while we're getting ready.

If we would plan properly we wouldn't have to lug the wine in the ice bucket, but like I said we seem to wait till the last minute. Bringing it to the dining room early of course is the best route.

We figure it doesn't hurt to look silly when were on vacation. ;) :D

Archived