RCL and Princess with 3.5 year old and 6 month old!

Califonria cruiser

We are considering going on back to back cruises and looking at the Serenade of the Seas (RCL)

and the Crown Princess in December.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

St. Kitts, St. Kitts and Nevis

Grenada, Caribbean

Bonaire, Dutch Antilles

Aruba, Caribbean

At Sea

San Juan, Puerto Rico

I was under the impression that RCL has no services if the baby is less than 6 months old (no inroom babysitting either), but the 3.5 old since she is pottytrained has a lot of options : kids club, splash pool, etc. At 6 months I guess they have the Fisher price time, but if the child was a few days short do you think they would allow us to attend? Is it even an every day thing? Would have early dining.

Princess said kids club, pool, etc for the 3 year old and I can take the little one into the kids club as long as I stay with them. Signed up for alternative dining.

Is this info accurate? Do you think one will be better than the other? Any tips/advice for this combination of ages?

Jenn

On my very first cruise I ran into a family with a 3-1/2-yr-old and an 8-mo-old and the mom said it was one of their best vacations ever. The older child had lots of activities to choose from and the younger one wasn't mobile yet and so mom could just lounge around the pool or whatever and baby was pretty happy. I'll be doing the same this November with a 3-1/2-yr-old and a 3-mo-old. They're so easy to travel with that little!

Anyway, I don't know if they will let you into the fisher price program before 6 months, but really the 6-mo-old probably could care less about the program. Kids that age just love to be outside anyway. On Princess, they did let my son in the kids club before he was 3-yrs-old as long as I stayed with him. Actually, Celebrity did, too. They both told me that it was OK during the hours that it wasn't too busy, but they never turned us away. I hear that RCI may be more strict. I'm not sure how strict they are about the in-room babysitting age limit, but I would assume that you wouldn't be able to take advantage of that service if the baby isn't quite old enough. But a 6-mo-old might sleep through dinner and shows, so you might not even need the service anyway.

Anyway, your B2B sounds totally fun. I hope you have a great time!!!

Archived