Lunch advice for Seattle, Please?

Our group of 12 will arrive around 11 am from a 4-hour flight to Seattle. We're staying at the Renaissance Hotel on Madison, and are looking for a moderately-priced place close to the hotel where we can eat lunch. We don't mind walking a few blocks to stretch our legs after that flight, but not too many! Can someone make a suggestion as to what is nearby? One of the group has been told that the Rock Bottom Brewery/Restaurant would be a good choice, but gave no indication of price range.

I'd appreciate any advice you folks could provide!

Rock Bottom lunch runs from $10-$20. Food and service are fairly good. A couple of other places I will recommend. A block past Rock Bottom on 5th is Elephant & Castle. Great place...great selection of beers, Awesome Fish 'n Chips and their menu is varied, something for everyone. Again, prices in the $10-$15 range. If you want something a little less formal and with a flavor of Seattle thrown in, walk a few more blocks to the Pike Place Market and ask someone to direct you to the 3 Sisters Bakery.....and their sandwich counter. They make the most fabulous sandwiches on their own bread. I prefer the tuna, my husband loves their BLT on toast. We have also had virtually everything else they make....all fantastic. They have a meatloaf sandwich, an egg salad sandwich, incredible pastrami. Whole sandwiches run $6. We both used to work in downtown and would hit them up fairly often. It's the only thing I miss about not being downtown!

sheri

Well, we have called it Three Sisters for years, but I googled it and found a picture with a news story: http://www.komotv.com/news/story.asp?ID=37469. It is definitely the Three Girls Bakery. Good thing the DH and I knew where we were meeting all these years. Funny, how you can see something many, many times and not really SEE it!! :) :D :)

Thank you Sheri, for the price info regarding the Rock Bottom and other places. That helps us to make a decision (not always an easy thing when working with a group!) As for the Pike Market, it will be one of the stops on a Seattle Tour that we are taking that same afternoon, so we were looking for something close to the hotel (and not on the tour) for our lunch.

I appreciate your help!

Ditto the suggestions about Rock Bottom and Elephant & Castle, both are good and not too pricey. For sandwiches a little closer to your hotel, there's Specialty's, on 3rd &...oh poop, is it Spring or Seneca? It's whichever one is a block north of Madison. I don't know if they're open on weekends, but they bake their own breads and their sandwiches are yummy. They also bake their own cookies.

For a very pricey lunch, there's the Union Square Grill, on 7th & Union. Fantastic food, very expensive. Also a good choice for a nice (but expensive) dinner.

Thank you Sheri, for the price info regarding the Rock Bottom and other places. That helps us to make a decision (not always an easy thing when working with a group!) As for the Pike Market, it will be one of the stops on a Seattle Tour that we are taking that same afternoon, so we were looking for something close to the hotel (and not on the tour) for our lunch.

I appreciate your help!

The Renaissance has two restaurants in the property. Maxwell's is their cafe. Pellini is a very nice Italian restaurant with a good view and great food. The service has been described as "sloooow" by some, but the food is worth it. But slow service was not the case for me.

• 1 month later...

We've returned from our cruise and I just wanted to thank all who helped me out with advice. Our group enjoyed lunch at Rock Bottom, dinner at McCormick & Schmidt on that night, and dinner at Tulio's on the night before the cruise. All were in close proximity to the Renaissance and we enjoyed the brief walking and the meals.

And we all loved Seattle and want to make another trip there!

Thanks again for your help!

Archived