Good rate, bad rate, anyone know?

woohoo4ue

I guess I'll just accept that our cruise is "prime time", and is priced the "going rate" for that time of year. I know we paid a lot, but I also know it will be completely worth it! My Dh and I DESERVE this time together so I will not allow myself to feel quilty!!

I will, however, try to cruise next time at a lower priced season!!:) But, as my mom always said, "Honey, you can't take it with you!"

I'm starting to be not so sure about the rates that we got now.:confused: In Feb. we booked a cruise for 3 ocean view with transfers and airfare , port charges and taxes for $3700. I'm thinking that's not so great now.:( Now by 3 ocean view, I mean 3 people in 1 ocean view room

The prices we are talking now are cruise only. It depends on which ship this "oceanview" cabin is on. A new, huge ship or the Holiday? On which level? (Riveria or Empress) Is this a 5 day cruise, 7 day cruise or longer? Which location? (Alaska will be a lot more expensive than sailing out of Miami)

You really have to be careful to compare apples to apples. And then throwing in the airfare thing takes it to a whole different level.

• 1 month later...

Ok, let's spell it all out, 7 day cruise, for 3 people on elation, cruising in mid-June. Booked 6a guarantee. Got upgraded to a 6d, and received a $230.00 on board credit, plus when we booked we received a military discount. This includes round-trip airfare, a pre-night hotel stay with transfers from the airport to the hotel.......from the hotel to the pier, and from the pier to the airport after the cruise. All for $4024.95. Good deal or bad deal?

Ok, let's spell it all out, 7 day cruise, for 3 people on elation, cruising in mid-June. Booked 6a guarantee. Got upgraded to a 6d, and received a $230.00 on board credit, plus when we booked we received a military discount. This includes round-trip airfare, a pre-night hotel stay with transfers from the airport to the hotel.......from the hotel to the pier, and from the pier to the airport after the cruise. All for $4024.95. Good deal or bad deal?

Good deal/bad deal? depends on where you are flying from and which hotel you will be staying in. May be late to say this but if you did shop around and got the best price at the time you booked that is all you can do other than check back for any price changes. Do not let what you paid, if you believe that was a good deal at the time, detract from the enjoyment of your vacation. Enjoy your cruise.

I booked 8I cabin for our cruise on the Legend for Feb.07 When I booked it I paid $1189pp. Because I was a past guest the price droped to $999pp.

I got the price reduction right away. I don't think thats to bad but I'm still keeping my eye on the price to see if it drops any more :cool:

Again, there are many variables here. When I talk about rates, I am talking cruise only because hotels can be a Motel 6 or a Ritz Carlton (huge price difference). Flying during the summer time is like cruising...the demand increases rates.

It is like buying a car. If you are happy at the time you made the deal, then relax and enjoy the ride!!!

PS: I saw you received a military discount. Thank you for your service and the sacrifice of your family to protect us!

Good deal/bad deal? depends on where you are flying from and which hotel you will be staying in. May be late to say this but if you did shop around and got the best price at the time you booked that is all you can do other than check back for any price changes. Do not let what you paid, if you believe that was a good deal at the time, detract from the enjoyment of your vacation. Enjoy your cruise.
We are flying out of Augusta, GA to Miami on the 17th of June, and staying at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Miami..........Trust me, nothing is gonna detract from the enjoyment of this vacation;) :D

Carribean Princess- mid summer- Aloha Deck Balcony, innaugural season, $374 TOTAL. We had booked an inside cabin for 599 per peson on a cruise over mothers day which would have been the Caribbean Princess's like 4th cruise ever. Princess called and said they were oversold and would I be willing to wait a month if they refunded half my money and upgraded me to a balcony??? Took me 1 millionth of second to make that decision. They ended up refunding too much money and the total came to $374. What a sweet deal. I pray for this to happen again.

As far as prices go. Shop, shop, shop before you book. Then watch for rates to fall and call your TA and ask for adjustments.

Cheers!

I'd definitely agree that for a June cruise that's pretty incredible. My fiance and I didn't get our cruise quite that cheap ;) Of course, we're cruising in what is apparently the most expensive week of the summer so that's probably part of it.

I'm assuming 1800 for both of you, total? Is that before port fees or after?

I'd definitely agree that for a June cruise that's pretty incredible. My fiance and I didn't get our cruise quite that cheap ;) Of course, we're cruising in what is apparently the most expensive week of the summer so that's probably part of it.

We paid 690 for both adults, and 570 for dd. Total cruise cost was 2427 before port fees. I'm guessing the other 477 was for the ta. We later got a $230 on board credit because we saw where the price for the 3rd person had gone down, and our ta got us the credit. Oh, yes, and the room is ocean view.

• 2 weeks later...

1800 total. Are you guys going to be celebrating your honeymoon?

We are booked on the Conquest in October. :)

I got an 8C balcony for two for $1630.20 including port fees & taxes. Booked through my PVP.

Update: Since my post above, the price dropped $30 per person, then another $20 pp. A couple of quick phone calls to my great PVP and now our price is $1530.20, or roughly $109 per person per day.

It pays to keep checking those prices...literally! ;)

9/9/2006 Glory 7 day Western Carib...

Oceanview Family Stateroom (6E) for 4 of us: $1850 total with taxes/fees! In fairness, I was trolling for cruises based on price and my dates were extremely flexible. September is offseason which is fine with me.

Archived