St. Thomas Excursion Question

wild1apache

I know that this has probably been asked a million times but.... If my ship is in port from 7am - 3pm does that give me enough time to Take the Royal Caribbean St. John Beach Tour where you take the ferry over and spend 1 1/2 hours at Trunk Bay so the excursion is like 4 hours and 30 minutes the booklet says. Anyway, I have never been to St. Thomas or St. JOhns so is this the best thing to do? I really don't care too much about shopping unless there is something exclusive to St. Thomas that I just HAVE to have..otherwise, a couple of souvenier shops will do. I want to do this excusion and then still have time to see a little of St. Thomas. Is there time to do this or is there a better way to do the St. John's thing? I really want to see both places but I have heard that there is nothing like Trunk Bay. Any suggestions or thoughts? Thanks!

We had a great time on the St. John beach Tour on the Serenade in March.

We rode a chartered ferry that was docked very near the ship over to St. John, then the ferry staff each drove a bus over to Trunk Bay, providing commentary and a couple of picture stops on the way.

Trunk Bay was fabulous -- the water was amazingly clear, and we really enjoyed the self-guided snorkeling tour. Snorkeling equipment and instruction was provided.

We left the ship at 8:30 and returned just before 1. Since we were in St. Thomas last year, we only did a little shopping at Havensight (the pier area) after returning from the excursion.

Hope this helps!

Michelle

So if I do take this excursion with the ship then I guess it doesn't leave much time for anything else then, huh? Is there a way to do this on your own so that you can spend some time in St. John and some time in St. Thomas? If the excursion is basically from 8:30am until about 1pm and we are in port until 3pm then what time do we have to be back on the ship? I want to go to St. John but I want to see some of St. Thomas as well, I guess.

Archived