Glory Eastern Review June 12, 2004 Part 1

tootiesmom

This will be my 1st review so please bear with me. I plan to do this in parts so that it may not be as boring. Here goes !!

We decided to go down a day ahead so as not to be so tired on our 1st day of the cruise or if there were problems with the flights, etc.

Travel from home to airport: We left home at 9:00 am for our 1 1/2 hour drive to RDU. We arrived in Raleigh with time to go to Wendy's for a burger and the Cheesecake Factory to pick up a piece of cheesecake to eat at the airport..... the cheesecake didn't make it .. LOL

Our flight was with Southwest and scheduled for 1:55 pm. We made it with plenty of time to spare. Our flight was delayed about 20 minutes or so due to President Reagan's funeral in Washington DC. Our plane had to come from up in that area and they had stopped air traffic. Our pilot made up for the delay on the way to Orlando. Our flight was uneventful, the crew funny and we landed at 3:40 pm -- only 10 minutes later than we should have arrived.

Transportation from Orlando to the Radisson at Port Canaveral -- I had pre-arranged transportation with Art's Shuttle (advice from this board). A driver from Art's Shuttle, Danny, called my home before we left that morning to confirm flight info, etc. and to give us his cell phone number so that we could contact him as soon as we landed. I gave him our cell phone number in case there was a problem on his end. Our plane had no sooner landed and come to a stop than my cell phone rang. It was the driver with directions through the airport to baggage claim and onto his vehicle. He loaded the luggage trailer and off we went !!!

Within the hour, we were at the Radisson. We checked in, went to our rooms, decided to meet and eat at the dinner buffet at the Radisson and visit with each other and discuss our upcoming cruise. The buffet was a Southwestern Barbeque and was about $18 per person and was very good. There were 11 of us traveling together and 9 more in our group we were going to meet up with on the ship the next day.

After a good night's sleep (ha ha ha), we slowly but surely made our way down to the Radisson's breakfast buffet on Saturday morning. It was very good, but I really don't recall how much it was per person. I'm thinking somewhere around $7 or $8. Our pre-arranged shuttle with Radisson was for 12 noon, so all 11 of us met in the lobby at 11:45 am, boarded the shuttle at 12 noon and after a very short ride, we were at the Port.

Port Canaveral is a very pretty terminal and it took only about 1/2 hour to go through all of the boarding process. By 1:00 pm, we were on the ship!!

Part 2 to follow....

tootiesmom :)

Glad to here about your experience with Art's shuttle. I called today and confirmed our pick up on Saturday morning at 10am at Orlando. Can't wait to read the rest of your review.

Mary

• 4 weeks later...

Mar915 and others,

I'm curious to know how your experience with Arts shuttle went, we are considering using them for our transport from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral in August. We have a group of 14 adults, plus luggage, and I am a little worried if we will fit into their vans, even though they say it will be OK.

Any thoughts?

Archived